• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Itchy nose!

Garydj

Reaction score
Visit site
My riding enjoyment would improve 100% if I could solve this issue!

I suppose it's the vibration that causes the itch and I seem to be particularly vulnerable. Sometimes, opening the shield and scratching helps, but often, just as I put the shield down, the darn itch is back. Sometimes I can ignore it and it will go away, but that is a rare occurrence.

I'm not expecting that anyone has a solution, but they do say, "It never hurts to ask", so does anyone have a trick up their sleeve or under their helmet as it were? :p

I've had that also. Could be a couple of things. A helmet vent or the shield may not be closed all the way. It could be a bead of sweat that gets wiped away when you scratch. Also I noticed that it got better since I removed my chin curtain for the summer. I know this sounds lame but it eventually becomes a situation of mind over matter. Kind of like when you are in the dentists chair and you have an itch but you can't scratch it.

I don't know why this occurs either - I have an itch in my nose every ride, and scratch it constantly.

Mine itches at times from alergy. Right at the very end. For my problem a bit of 1% cortosone creme on the end of the nose works. Just don't put it inside. If your symptom is similar you might try it.

I get an itch from time to time; never a constant thing. If it's minor I try to ignore and hope it goes away. If it is persistent I raise the face shield enough to scratch. I think it fits in the category "if you don't want something to happen it probably will." Like a huge sneeze right in the middle of your grandchild's recital piece.

I don't want to make any assumptions about anyone else's grooming habits, so I'll proceed with talking only about myself...

My nose will sometimes itch when I ride. Sometimes to the point where I suddenly sneeze 3-5 times rapid-fire. (Very much not safe while riding).
I've found that trimming my beard/mustache helps, and trimming the ol' nosehairs solves it completely. I think that for me it's just the vibrations causing the hairs to itch/tickle.
Anyway, if this is truly only me then I apologize for the over-share. Otherwise i hope that helps.

My nose doesn't itch but usually one of two things happens when I'm getting ready to ride: I have to pee after putting on my suit or I forget to put in my ear plugs until after I put on my helmet :)
Sorry about the itch.
Mike

Great replies here. It never hurts to ask! :D

Agreed, sometimes a tickle can be the result of a wee bit of errant air turbulence swirling up into the helmet, and triggering any nerve endings/hair follicles.

You may have a nearly invisible piece of down-like cat hair or something stuck in the fibre of the chinbar/nose guard that gets blown back randomly onto yer face.

Try putting on a tiny little dab of calamine lotion, or witch hazel, or some other topical anti-itch stuff like Gold Bond on the offending spot next time before you ride, and see if that helps?

Yes, good suggestions! I am a hairy individual, so I suspect that this does contribute. I'll try removing the chin curtain and give the nose an extra trim. :p

Thank GOD for my modular helmet! Many of a time, the ole itch hit at the worst possible time, but I cured my itchy nose by trimming as close as I could get.

Thank GOD for my modular helmet! Many of a time, the ole itch hit at the worst possible time, but I cured my itchy nose by trimming as close as I could get.

I wanted to be an Astronaut when I was a wee lad. (who am I kidding, I still do) That forever instilled in me the prerequisite need for a cool full face helmet, but another LBS: Space Cadet! failing grade for me, would be the itch yer nose thing, LOL!

My Icon Variant is tre chic, but brutal to try and wedge a gloved hand up in there to itch itch itch, scratch scratch scratch. Most envious of the Modular gang!

Back