• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is the NC700X a touring bike?

well tickle ma bum! heres me thinking I've got an adventure bike and now its a touring bike. talk about confusing folks.
need to take a rest now now that my little grey matter is in twist!!! lol;)

Adventure, touring, not really much difference between the 2 words; both are relative terms, no exact conditions apply to either. Someone on a 2000 mile bike trip to some place he has never been is on an adventure or on a tour if he has been there before....
Motorcycle companies used the terms for a certain style or accessories which are on a bike...

The NCX is rated to carry ~430 lbs. That's rider, passenger, and all your 'stuff.' That's as much as most bikes out there, and a great deal MORE than many (including Harley Davidson's tourer, which can carry ~75 - 80 lbs less, IIRC). That, plus decent range, good economy, and a little more suspension travel than most bikes make the NCX a great adventure tourer!

Speaking of weight-carrying and motorcycles, there's an interesting article on the topic on the current Motorcycle Consumer News.

I've just changed my OEM seat to a Sargent. It was definitely a change for the better. But I could not put 600 miles on it in one stretch. I rode all day, good hwy., interstate and Mountains totalling 234 miles and was numb on the seat afterward. You would have to go Corbin or even better Russell Day Long but you're going to shell out a stack of cash. Sargent was about $346 through my dealer. I can handle 300 miles on it if I stop every so often. It will never be a cruiser seat bike and in my humble opinion, it will never replace my cruiser on a week or two week trip. V-Stroms seem to handle two up a lot better than the NC. Saw one this morning and it was a 650 which is the same class as the NC. I wouldn't even think of putting someone on the passenger seat.

You would have to go Corbin or even better Russell Day Long but you're going to shell out a stack of cash. Sargent was about $346 through my dealer.
Russell will build you a Day Long for $395. Price code S1 (front only in vinyl). Does not include shipping, but it is only a 3,000 mile ride from my house ;-)

And another 3,000 miles back...

Last edited:
I did not know this, but was thinking about it the other day. Good to know.

If ever you forget (as I have, and undoubtedly will again, perhaps many times...), it's on the tire pressure sticker on the swingarm. Of course, I forget _where_ the information is, too, so if you're like me, that may not help...
:)

Did 2 back to back 600+ mile touring days to get to Colorado then adventure road 600+ miles on the COBDR then toured 1200+ miles in one day (24hrs) to get back home where I commute daily on her. So I call her an adventure tour commuter bike. I do have a Seat Concepts seat.

The numerous folks that rode the NC to Alaska or cross country should have checked in with you first! ;)

I'm planning a 2018 Alaska ride from the midwest. I'll probably take the NC since the Goldwing is just too much bulk to haul up there for only one rider. Smaller and lighter is better.
Did you ever wind up taking that trip to Alaska?

Did you ever wind up taking that trip to Alaska?
I did indeed take a motorcycle trip to Alaska, in 2019. It was 9000 miles, and I rode a Goldwing. As I didn’t try rough roads like the Dalton Highway, the Wing was the obvious good choice. I took it slow on the mostly gravel Top of the World Highway. For long days on the highways, the Goldwing comfort and weather protection were ideal.

The Goldwing required no repair or maintenance for the trip. Had I taken the NC, fiddling with the chain would have been unavoidable.

I did indeed take a motorcycle trip to Alaska, in 2019. It was 9000 miles, and I rode a Goldwing. As I didn’t try rough roads like the Dalton Highway, the Wing was the obvious good choice. I took it slow on the mostly gravel Top of the World Highway. For long days on the highways, the Goldwing comfort and weather protection were ideal.

The Goldwing required no repair or maintenance for the trip. Had I taken the NC, fiddling with the chain would have been unavoidable.
Thanks!

Back