• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is the Madstad windscreen too effective?

I remove the Madstad winglets in the summer along with the plastic covers over the Barkbuster hand guards. This give me enough air.

If all else fails it’s just 4 screws/nuts to swap the screen you have for a smaller/shorter Madstad screen.

I'm thinking of adding Barkbusters and am curious if you have any issues with the Barkbusters hitting you Madstad, or the Madstad winglets?

I'm thinking of adding Barkbusters and am curious if you have any issues with the Barkbusters hitting you Madstad, or the Madstad winglets?

I have a Madstad and Barkbuster Storms. If you want wind protection for touring these are good.

I had to trim 1" off each bottom lower edge of the screen so the Barkbuster skeleton wouldn't hit it. No problem, the shield was too wide at the bottom to begin with. A couple years later I added SW Motech 30mm risers with 20mm of pull back. If I had these on the bike when I added the Madstad the BBs wouldn't hit it with the rise and the pull back. They don't sell these risers anymore but there might be others like them.

I had to trim 1" off each bottom lower edge of the screen so the Barkbuster skeleton wouldn't hit it...

I presume no issue with the winglets? Just the bottom edge of the windscreen was an issue?

I presume no issue with the winglets? Just the bottom edge of the windscreen was an issue?
The winglets have never been at issue on mine. The bars are well above the winglets.

In this picture off the Madstad web site you can project where the Barkbuster will touch the screen at full lock turned right, if they hit at all.. Because of the wide range of height adjustment the bars may clear the shield on certain bikes at certain adjustments and not on with others. I have a 20" normally set in the full down position. The Barkbusters hit the lower edges, the projections at the bottom corners of the current Madstad screen. (Originally on 1st gen screens those projections were not there) The pictured 2016-18 windshield it also fully down and if might clear with no trimming but if the shield was raised up it would hit.

Attachments

• 2016_NC700X_frosted_02_large.jpg
    2016_NC700X_frosted_02_large.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 112
I tried those adjustable brackets with the stock small windscreen and it made no difference. Still have them around here somewhere.

Back