• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is it the bike or what

Ain't no secret conspiracy about the happen here on this forum! I just drive too fast, and my legs are too short and fat to reach the ground! Case solved.

Like someone said just honest people. :)
It was only observation no stats to all you offended technical people (I am sorry) I did not mean it the way it sounded. Some bikes have more of a tendency to kick out on corners, wheel shimmy, over steer, under steer, wonder, wobble, pogo stick, etc. at certain speeds. I was merely looking for either issues with the bike or to the riders who have crashed was it you or did you feel it was the bike in some way? I am sure my wording could have been better.

My observation is that the NC700X is a bit more squirrelly when it's wet out or on paint lines than either of my other motorcycles. I don't know if it is the lower center of gravity (I would think that would make it more stable) or the tires chosen from the factory (they have gotten better with miles) or something else. It also seems to get unsettled easier if you hit a bump in a corner. The majority of the time it feels very stable and planted. Maybe it's just my NC700X...

I have noticed most of us NC riders are ATGATT riders or close to it. So we are alive after an accident to post about. (A bit dark I apologize but I think it's worth pointing out.)

Gigs

If you are asking such a question, it is better that you don't buy this bike. You already jinxed it. In any case, whenever and if you ever have an incident with the bike, you will tell yourself " I told me so"...
Better that you buy something which you totally are comfortable with.
I do not mean malice in my post.

:p

I have crashed a couple of times on this bike, but I have also crashed on every bike I have ever owned.. It is me, not the bike. I push the bike and myself to their limit quite often. I've been down at over 65 mph and sitting stopped. Each time I have caused the problem, not the bike. I have hit the front break hard in the dirt and to the ground we go. My bike is scratched, but not my body. Wear the proper clothing and equipment on any bike, and usually only impact force will damage your body. Do what I say and not what I do, and you will not usually have a problem! Oh yeah, forgot this bike will wheelie, lost it doing that too.

Last edited:
It was only observation no stats to all you offended technical people (I am sorry) I did not mean it the way it sounded. Some bikes have more of a tendency to kick out on corners, wheel shimmy, over steer, under steer, wonder, wobble, pogo stick, etc. at certain speeds. I was merely looking for either issues with the bike or to the riders who have crashed was it you or did you feel it was the bike in some way? I am sure my wording could have been better.

The thing is though, what kind of meaningful answer did you really expect to unearth with your "observations"? Hell, I'm completely un-offended, but I can't see how a rational conclusion could be arrived at, with (to me) a flawed premise based solely on a suspect speculation.

A bike would have to be pretty much universally panned by all and sundry to get a "prone to crash" appellation pinned on it, and obviously that's not the case with the NCX, which has been given an overall decent reception by professional pundits and all of the satisfied owners around the world, alike, these past couple years.

If the bike was great, but say the tires were the singled out item as the culprit for problems, then you would get a lot more world wide universal attention directed towards exposing and rectifying it. That can't be the case, as there are just as many people heaping praise on the OEM tires as there are detractors.

IMHO, this topic is like stating:

I'm an artist who has been painting for over 45 years, am a member of several art colleges, and have worked with many different colours. I've observed that people who like to use Testor's new Mediterranean blue, seem to have more difficulties with completing their paintings, than people who chose to employ a variety of other colours, such as green or yellow. Is it the colour blue causing this problem, or just me?

;)

I say if you are thinking of buying the x then do it.you won't be disappointed.also we have great members here honest and share all.for the most part we get along.that is probley why this fourm is a great one.just my 2 cents.

sent from a keyboard in the frunk

Well my in-depth research and data would indicate that the NCX is very poorly balanced and at a stand-still, without the benefit of either the side stand or center-stand being deployed, it will fall over. This is clearly a design flaw by Honda.

Further data would conclude that when said NCX does fall over in the manner described above, it will land on my wife 100% of the time. Ancillary statistics from these findings indicate that a human body between an NCX and the floor will protect it from any damage.

I will admit that I don't really have large statistical sampling of events to support my findings. In fact they are based on only one occurrence. Plus it was a NCXD so this may not be the case with non-DCT models. I was going to write to Honda to complain but then I researched it a bit deeper and discovered this annoying force called "gravity". It seems to be a contributing factor. Not sure who I can sue over that. :D:D:D

right now I am torn between the NC700x or (NC750x or what ever it may be) dealers in my area are lacking these bikes never mind getting a choice of color / dct or and the wee strom DL650. Both have their following and dedicated owners, both are rated as good bikes. I have come to you guys for the answers to help me make my choice, no other intentions or agenda.

right now I am torn between the NC700x or (NC750x or what ever it may be) dealers in my area are lacking these bikes never mind getting a choice of color / dct or and the wee strom DL650. Both have their following and dedicated owners, both are rated as good bikes. I have come to you guys for the answers to help me make my choice, no other intentions or agenda.

Well the Strom has been out longer so you can definitely get a better idea of service history but unless there are specific pros/cons you are looking for, it seems your next step should be to sit on or ideally ride both and see which feels better to you. With all other things being somewhat equal, it's the only true test to help with your decision. Case in point, before I bought the FJR I was "sold" on the Honda ST1300 on paper/in writing. Then I test rode one...it was a game changer.

It was only observation no stats to all you offended technical people (I am sorry) I did not mean it the way it sounded.

No offense taken man! You and I have about the same background on bikes from what it sounds like. I find this bike to be just plain fun to ride. Great cornering, plenty of storage and I can ride long distance. I am sure you won't find anything in the design to be inferior. It's not fast, but it is known to be reliable. It's a Honda!

It's to bad you can't find a place to test ride the bike. That would be the deciding factor.

Possibly the most enjoyable post I read on here ever!

Well my in-depth research and data would indicate that the NCX is very poorly balanced and at a stand-still, without the benefit of either the side stand or center-stand being deployed, it will fall over. This is clearly a design flaw by Honda.

Further data would conclude that when said NCX does fall over in the manner described above, it will land on my wife 100% of the time. Ancillary statistics from these findings indicate that a human body between an NCX and the floor will protect it from any damage.

I will admit that I don't really have large statistical sampling of events to support my findings. In fact they are based on only one occurrence. Plus it was a NCXD so this may not be the case with non-DCT models. I was going to write to Honda to complain but then I researched it a bit deeper and discovered this annoying force called "gravity". It seems to be a contributing factor. Not sure who I can sue over that. :D:D:D

Back