• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Iron butt dinner ride

Jeez. If I wasn't on injured reserve, I'd be there. Might even drive the cage. I hate to miss the fried chicken. Mmmmm!

Instead of the "last ride of the year", they should call this one the "first post-apocalypse ride"

FWIW: This event has lost some of its appeal to me recently as the Harley crowd has discovered it and started trailering in and riding from nearby Mobile. The best ones have been the earlier ones or when the temps were truly severe. Otherwise, the crowd totally overwhelms the facility. But, there will be some honest high-milers there and the fried chicken is seriously good. I usually ride down Saturday and stay in Bay Minette, then ride home Sunday evening. I remember a guy on a K bike from Michigan who said that he fell within feet of his garage door and slid all the way down his driveway to the road, but that once he got it picked up and onto plowed roads, it was fine. Yes, he drove 1,300 miles from Michigan in December to have lunch. My kind of guy.

Back