• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Intercom app

JimbosToys

Reaction score
Visit site
I occasionally ride with a passenger and having the ability to communicate with her would be a real plus. I use an inexpensive bt headset - here:

Wireless Bluetooth Headset Sport Handfree Stereo Headphone&Earphone Universal | eBay

It is cheap, works well for music/GPS directions, and if I am in a low ambient noise situation (e.g. slow down), I can answer a call and if I speak 'firmly' they can hear me. It serves a double purpose - also plugs my ears for wind noise. Weakness - the range is poor.

I have long desired an app that will use my phone (note 4) to interconnect. I think I have found an app:

Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans | Unixmen

Has anyone used this? Or do you know of a better one?
Thanks in advance. Jim

Why would you want to have to get your phone out, and touch the screen just to talk to your passenger? Seems as dangerous as texting while driving.

It looks in the end you'd be better if buying designated hardware instead. At least that was my conclusion once I started looking into it.

Ripping - the problem is that the dedicated sets all have speakers, not in-ear buds. I get that, makes it easy to put on helmet and aural ear buds are kinda frowned upon, but I like them. If somebody had a unit with jacks for the mike and headphones - I'm in if not vulgar expensive.

The uclear system has boomless mic, and an earbud accessory. The earbuds, however, are theirs (you can’t use 3rd party buds) because they connect via micro usb to the helmet unit and contain the microphone. You might check those out (but like most dedicated bike comm systems they are not cheap).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back