• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Installing a good Mirror "RideScan!"

JoeZ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to share my findings: ordered the new "blind spot" mirror ..."RideScan" 2 weeks ago and received it this week. Installation today was simple and stress free. Well worth the money. Except for what's directly behind me, all blind spots are now eliminated. I see everything around me. It really is a pretty cool little device. I'll post a picture so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 840
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 728
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 731
Oh, please note I left the protective packaging screen on the mirror and have not removed it yet.

The picture you posted is very helpful. I envisioned most of what you'd see would be yourself, but the viewing angle is actually very wide! Warning! Objects in mirror are WAY closer than they appear!

The picture you posted is very helpful. I envisioned most of what you'd see would be yourself, but the viewing angle is actually very wide! Warning! Objects in mirror are WAY closer than they appear!

Yeah, I thought the same thing.... That my body and arms would occupy the majority of the mirror, but I'm happy to report that's not the case ... For what it's worth, it does the job nicely. Plus it has market white lines on the top of it that indicate where an object is relative to the viewing angle of it on the mirror. Pretty cool. I read on line that the inventor's friend is improving on that by color additions.... You know, "Red" lines suggesting extreme blind spots or green indicating within mirror sight etc.... Seems they are still improving on it considering it's a new invention. :)

Just thinking out loud here... I wonder if this mirror would have any impact on the molten instrument panel issue that has been discussed in other threads. I wonder if this convex "lens" might diffuse the sunlight that otherwise can be concentrated by the concave "lens".

I wouldn't buy this to protect the panel. It could, however, be an unintended benefit.

I wonder if you will find the mirror annoying when the sun is directly behind you and shining into the mirror and possibly your eyes? Otherwise, seems like a good product.

You buy them from a fellow in the UK. And if I remember correctly I believe it is around $70.00.
Do a search using RideScan on this Forum for address, email and cost options.

I wonder if you will find the mirror annoying when the sun is directly behind you and shining into the mirror and possibly your eyes? Otherwise, seems like a good product.
If the sun is directly behind you, your body would block the sun rays.
And from the areas around your body the sun would be reflected off to each side of you.

It's been raining since I installed it... Will find out soon enough :)

It's been raining since I installed it... Will find out soon enough :)

Wow, a rain bringing mirror! Cali can use more of them!

I think it's a good invention. I know it will help save at least a few riders from some accidents.

Saw one of these on a YouTube riding vid from the UK. Most of the commenters wanted to know about the mirror. :)

It's only recently been invented, by a rider who after getting into a close call with a car coming in from his blind spot, got the idea when he was in his kitchen looking at his pots and pans and noticed the warpped reflection (now that's a killer sentence!). So, in a few years I kinda think word of mouth will propel this thing as a standard goto mod.

Last edited:
I mean it's crazy what you can see. Have a mad truck driver behind you? No problem! Being chased at high speeds by the police? No Problem! Trying to spot close pursuing helicopters and can't turn your neck to look up? No Problem! Flanked by Chariots with pointy objects.... No problem, no problem, no problem. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 172
JoeZ, I like the wide angle it affords, but I notice you have it installed what appears to be squarely in your forward line of sight. Doesn't it block your vision? Is this the recommended installation?

Back