• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Installed a Fuse Block

Bug Dr.

Reaction score
Visit site
After I installed the Honda subharness and relay, I wired my lights(cheap 55w halogens from Walmart....but they are bright) to a relay placed on the left side of the bike:

Light relay on left tucked under everything
DSC_0002-XL.jpg

I also installed two Wolo horns (high and low tone) on each side of the bike under the air duct cowling and put the relay for those on the right side of the bike
DSC_0001-XL.jpg

I originally had my GPS hooked into the subharness but I like having power to the unit all of the time so I can leave it turned on without having to push any buttons when I fill up or get off of the bike for a few minutes. I also wanted convenience to hook up future electronics, if needed so I decided to put in a fuse block anyway.

The document holder at the bottom of the frunk was about 1/16" too shallow for the Centech AP2 and the lid just hit the top of the fuses ever so slightly. The Centech is mounted on four posts on the bottom to keep the under side of the block off of whatever it is mounted to. This forced me to drill four holes large enough for the post to pass through on the bottom of the frunk. I didn't want to rest the fuse block on it's underside so I slid a rubber grommet on each post so that the bottom of the block would be about 1/4" above the floor of the frunk and would drop the unit low enough that the lid to the document compartment wouldn't hit the top of the fuse block.

Without the cover. The red wire to the block from the right goes directly to the battery (yellow wire coming from the right to battery) to power the three end terminals that are hot all of the time. The red wire from the left comes from the relay. The block is grounded from the left side as well. There are more positive wires than negative because the relays for the horn and lights are grounded to the frame and do not need to go to the fuse block. The yellow wire coming from the left (battery)powers the relay for the fuse block. The wires with a yellow tag are for my Gerbing heated gear.
DSC_0003-XL.jpg

With the cover minus the mounting screws. The rocker switch is for the aux. lights.
CSC_0008-XL.jpg

The relay for the fuse block is the one on the right in the first picture.

I know it is redundant to have a relay each for the lights and horn now that I have a fuse block. I really didn't feel like re-wiring them again so I'm going to leave them for now. After my Powerlet arrives (hopefully today), I can install it and put the plastic back on the bike and ride.

The fuse block should be more than enough for anything I would want to add to this bike in the future.
Mike

Last edited:
Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Which model WOLO did you put in?

Last edited:
Nice location for the fuse box (if size allows it).

A picture of the horn would be appreciated

They are mounted and I don't think a photo would turn out very well. I will try to take a picture but I'm not promissing anything.
Mike
C'mon! You can do it!!!! Just add extra light..... :)

P.S. the inquiring minds want to know......... or is it Enquiring ;)

Last edited:
I used both the high and low tone. They have mounting bolts on different sides (mirror image) so one goes on the right and one goes on the left. Don't remember which is which and it doesn't matter. I just drilled a hole in the plastic inner fairing and mounted them. They are pointing mostly downward but that doesn't matter either. They are plenty loud and sound just like an automobile.
Mike

I used both the high and low tone. They have mounting bolts on different sides (mirror image) so one goes on the right and one goes on the left. Don't remember which is which and it doesn't matter. I just drilled a hole in the plastic inner fairing and mounted them. They are pointing mostly downward but that doesn't matter either. They are plenty loud and sound just like an automobile.
Mike

Thank you!

Back