• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Inner bags for OEM Honda panniers ?

FinnMike

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fellow riders!

I was about to order inner bags for Honda's OEM 29L panniers when I noticed that the capacity of the inner bags are 16L.

Could someone who have these inner bags confirm that you really loose 13L of capacity by using the inner bags? I mean, it is almost half the storage space??

Or have I got something wrong here?

Genuine Honda Inner Bag (16L) for Panniers 08L79-MGS-J30

Ride safe,
Mike

That's the first photo, ever for the inner bag specifically made for those panniers.
From the product photo, it looks like they have expandable capacity by use of middle zippers.
But the price seems to have expanded (permanently) already.
:(

Being the cheap bastard that I am :p, I use a doubled up set of plastic heavy duty GLAD trash bags of the appropriate size inside my panniers. They weigh nothing, cost practically nothing and are absolutely waterproof, unless you plan to go diving on your bike.
As a nice bonus, they will effortlessly conform to ANY shape pannier, and as you use up the clean clothes packed in them, they will serve perfectly as your dirty clothes / trash containers.
What could be simpler?

Last edited:
Thank you for all good advice!

I was mainly after the inner bags because of the carrying straps, not so much for waterproofing. It's a bit complicated entering a hotel with three handheld hard-cases plus the helmet and a tank-bag.

I have the Cee Baileys bags, I love them. Makes packing for the odd shaped bags so much easier. But my NC was totaled this spring, I plan on listing the bag liners in the for sale forum soon. Let me know if anyone is interested.

That is very unfortunate about your bike. I would certainly be interested in the bag liners.

I have the OEM panniers and they have never sprung a leak. They have been mounted continuously for three years now and not a drop of water has made it inside and I ride daily in all weather conditions. Do yours leak or are you wanting inner bags for organization / transportation purposes (moving stuff into hotel room)? Just curious.

It's a bit complicated entering a hotel with three handheld hard-cases plus the helmet and a tank-bag.

I think it's about organization for FinnMike who started the thread. That's also the same reason for my interest.

Being the cheap bastard that I am :p, I use a doubled up set of plastic heavy duty GLAD trash bags of the appropriate size inside my panniers. They weigh nothing, cost practically nothing and are absolutely waterproof, unless you plan to go diving on your bike.
As a nice bonus, they will effortlessly conform to ANY shape pannier, and as you use up the clean clothes packed in them, they will serve perfectly as your dirty clothes / trash containers.
What could be simpler?

Haha! You don't plan it, but sometimes you do it anyway!
Ask me how I know.

Uh, no don't ask.

FWIW, I bought these (eBay Liner) on eBay and they work fine - pretty close to a perfect fit. I rarely use them, however, as I find just loading the saddlebag is easier and as SargeantChuck said the OEM panniers have never leaked on me. It's just as easy to carry the saddlebag in as to open it and remove the liner.

I've found the odd shape of the OEM panniers makes efficiently loading them an interesting proposition regardless of liners or not. I basically carry tools and first aid kit in the right bag and rain gear/extra riding gear in the left bag. When traveling, I use a FirstGear Torrent bag (40L) for clothes, etc., strapped to the rear seat, and keep my top box (a Givi E30) clear for the helmet or other misc stuff.

Last edited:
I have the OEM panniers and they have never sprung a leak. They have been mounted continuously for three years now and not a drop of water has made it inside and I ride daily in all weather conditions. Do yours leak or are you wanting inner bags for organization / transportation purposes (moving stuff into hotel room)? Just curious.

My idea was to get inner bags with shoulder straps for carrying all the luggage at once to, for example, a hotel. With my Transalp I always had to go two rounds to get the side panniers, top box and tank bag.

I haven't tried the panniers in rain yet, but I assume the are weather proof.

My idea was to get inner bags with shoulder straps for carrying all the luggage at once to, for example, a hotel. With my Transalp I always had to go two rounds to get the side panniers, top box and tank bag.

I haven't tried the panniers in rain yet, but I assume the are weather proof.

Exactly, they are so much easier to carry in. And on a trip my saddle bags are often dirty and I'd rather leave them on the bike.

Back