• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

inexpensive trunk and jacket

JimbosToys

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't know where to put this:

Does anybody have any experience with this (or similar) unit?:

MOTORCYCLE SCOOTER DUAL SPORT HARD TRUNK TOP CASE CARRY - T-MOTORSPORTS Online Store

Pretty cheap - $45 shipped. They have a bigger and smaller one, too.
I realize it is likely cheesy and 'scooter-like', but I'll only use it on long trips along with my smallish Hondaline saddlebags (which I never remove).
One of the reasons is a backrest for my GF when she goes along and brings the kitchen sink....

Also, this jacket might be a good low-cost way to better protect her vs marginal street clothes. If she embraces the bike trip experience I could upgrade to a First Gear or Belstaff or similar. If she doesn't, maybe I'll upgrade the GF (before the flames start, she has the same option to move over to a Bimmer-driver)! Anybody have experience with it (the jacket)?

TMS Black Motorcycle Enduro Jacket MX Dual Sport ATV - T-MOTORSPORTS Online Store

Comments? Thanks. Jimbo

I don't have any experience with the top case and jacket but for the price compared to similar cases and luggage it's worth a try for me. I've been wanting a 30 to 33 liter small top case for the NC but not willing to part with $175 for the Givi one. This one appears to use the same 3 point base plate as Givi Monokey cases so I'm taking a chance on it. If it's construction is not up to use on the NC or doesn't fit on the Givi-style base plate on my NCX I'll mount it on my CH80 scooter.

Edit to add: I went ahead and ordered the small box and the total was $33.95 without shipping cost which was shown as fixed at $10.95. The order was entered and when shipping choices came up it was shown as free, so the order went through with free shipping. Go figure.

Last edited:
I have a trunk similar (even has the same kind of latch). It has been on my Suzuki C50 Boulevard for 70,000 miles and I have had no issues with it. I have had 20+ pounds of stuff (groceries) with no issues-just make sure you don't try to force the latch closed or it may break (as in overfilling the trunk with stuff and attempting to get the latch closed as with suitcases).
Used to have it on my BMW G650gs when I owned the Bmw:

I just put the XL version on my NC. So far it seems to be holding up fine. I honestly don't know if I would trust mine with backrest duty, but then again, mine doesn't have the rest built in.

1111fz.jpg

0959f3114247.jpg

exact same thing,but i added some reflective tape on the back and sides.
however. i bought it from js whitney for $25 or so shipped couple years ago. and both big and small was selling at probably $5 difference. i wish i bought the big one. if you have such option and price spread is small-buy bigger one.
they still have some,but i'm not sure,if it's same thing-

Access Denied

here is a discount coupon code for you JCW30END16
if you going to orderfrom them.

Last edited:
if link doesn't work-go to main website and type GARAGE PRO in search window

Thanks to everyone for your comments!
Agent - thanks for the post and pic.
A few questions:
do 2 full face helmets really fit?
how did you mount it? Looks like an attachment seperate from the handles.
I was concerned about the XL model being overpowering - does it look ok to you when on the bike?

The XL model appears to fit two full size helmets. I only have one, but it takes up less than half the space. I guess different size helmets might make a difference. I used the Givi 1111fz mount. It keeps the original hand rails without having to cut the plastics. Mounting the case was more difficult. The holes don't match up. I used a piece of aluminum bar stock to fabricate a bracket. The link to my post regarding the XL case is here. Be sure to look at StratTuner's links in that thread. The way he attached his base plate makes WAY more sense and looks MUCH better than mine. Vman1313 has had lots of success with the XL cases. I have a video link on the installation of the Givi brackets and Vman1313 has a video of all of his cases at work.

Thanks to everyone for your comments!
Agent - thanks for the post and pic.
A few questions:
do 2 full face helmets really fit?
how did you mount it? Looks like an attachment seperate from the handles.
I was concerned about the XL model being overpowering - does it look ok to you when on the bike?

Thanks to the OP for that! That site has some great stuff.
They also have a top box I've used before at an AMAZING price ($28)
(The top box recipe post may be found [HERE])
13__53513.1323883358.1280.1280.jpg

Holes don't match up? Mounting? Aluminum flat bar and nylon, antivibration, bolts. This one is sitting on the Givi arms, but the flatbar holes could be drilled anywhere needed.
tbmount.jpg

Last edited:
It's odd to me the smaller case uses a monokey type base and the larger one a monolock base. I'm hoping the small one pops right on a Givi monokey base plate.

20160402_140747.jpg
Am in DC. Just saw this ST1300 with the 33 liter trunk. Looked pretty decent.
Part of me wants the big one (6" wider and 51 liters), but it might be too ungainly, less robust, and apparently is glossy black vs flat. Comments?

Well, it arrived and the case itself looks very nice it will not fit on the Givi-type bases mounted on the NC and the ST. It uses the same three point locating posts and latch arrangement but the dimensions between the posts and latch are not a match. I could probably modify an extra Givi base plate I have but then the other Givi cases I have would not fit and I don't want to lose the pop-on/pop-off Givi fittings on two bikes.

The metal base plate is sort of roughly made and finished but the case is virtually indistinguishable from the ~$160 Givi. For the $34 cost delivered to me it was a good buy and it will make a fine top case on my Elite 80 scooter.

dduelun:
Dave - I am ready to buy the one you did. One last check with you - like it? I would like the bigger one, but this has a backrest and is not so overpowering (18" vs 24" wide).
$34 is doable! I don't have a cargo rack, socplan to mount in a way to remove the whole thing.
thanks for helping me with this

dduelun:
Dave - I am ready to buy the one you did. One last check with you - like it? I would like the bigger one, but this has a backrest and is not so overpowering (18" vs 24" wide).
$34 is doable! I don't have a cargo rack, socplan to mount in a way to remove the whole thing.
thanks for helping me with this
It's a great value for $34. The case is molded accurately and cleanly and virtually indistinguishable from cases costing far more. It looks good under examination. The backrest is hard plastic and not padded so know that. Mounting of the base plate is something where you will have to be a bit creative as compared to expensive ones that bolt together with components designed to fit the NC700X right out of the box. It will take some thought to fabricate a safe sturdy arrangement but won't be that difficult with a set of Givi Monorack arms or something similar.

Stratuner and others here have lots of experience figuring the mounting bases out.

I have the smaller TMS case and the EMGO box, and prefer the EMGO more. The TMS mounting plate is cheap steel, and rusts quickly.

Pulled the trigger.
Got the case.
Very disappointed - too small at 16.5x14.5x10. I saw the one on the ST1300 and it seems to not be the same.
Buy the big one!
Anybody want this one? At $20 shipping for a $35 part, I might as well keep it or put it on my XL350R.

Pulled the trigger.
Got the case.
Very disappointed - too small at 16.5x14.5x10. I saw the one on the ST1300 and it seems to not be the same.
Buy the big one!
Anybody want this one? At $20 shipping for a $35 part, I might as well keep it or put it on my XL350R.
The picture showed a Givi Monokey 46 liter E460. The TMS one is the same size as the Givi Monokey 33 liter B33 case.

I"ve had a couple similar trunks over the years from JC whitney before I got my Givi trunk and cases.
They tend to work pretty well.. but the locking mechanism will eventually fail. Usually around a year or two depending on how much you use it. The locking mechanism is the weakest link in these cases IMHO.

Back