• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?

I am still waiting for my risers to come... they are slightly different from yours - I chose these ones.

You mentioned the deflector... I also ordered one of those too - another China special...
This deflector. I honestly don't have high hopes on the quality, but might be pleasantly surprised. I am debating on getting a Madstad screen, but want to try this first before investing in one of them.

I will post pictures and review of both.

Always nice to find an alternative to the fairly simple goods manufactured or sold by the companies that are used to bending over the BMW crowd ; }

Forget about these, which I found on eBay. The company claimed they fit. The hole spacing is right, and they looked great installed. The stock bars don't want to rotate in them either. But the back part of the lower section also will rub and press on the plastic when the bars are fully turned in either direction. I do just enough turning at full lock to consider this a potential problem, just as I would with anything hitting the windscreen at full lock.

BlackPath handlebar risers for $48 shipped -- 1" up, 1.25" back --

id_51438611.jpg

I agree about this being a low tech item where having the best quality possible probably doesn't matter much. Maybe I ride differently, but I don't put hardly any pressure on my handlebars, even when standing on the foot pegs. So, I wouldn't have any issues with the less expensive ones. In fact, I debated getting a set of these from eBay too. I was leaning toward the Tusk risers, which look a lot like the ones SW-Motech makes. I like them better, because they fill the void where the bars went into the factory clamps. Wound up being a moot point; I got lucky and found a set of Rox 2" risers on eBay for just a little more, so I went that way instead.

The dreaded day where I would have to reroute some miserly cable and wire runs on my WR250R got moved forward. An extra inch on the cables/wires from Yamaha would have been advantageous even without risers). But now I have the BlackPath risers on the Yammie. Looks and works great, and I feel better about the cables not chafing, binding, and rubbing away. there used to be a squeak every time I went full lock on one side and now there's actually a tiny bit of slack -- yay!!!

On the other side of the coin, this day that I would have risers on my Honda got moved back. The eBay risers from China linked at the top of this thread will get installed... no way I'm gonna bend over for Roxx again like I did on my ATV.

I put a set of 30mm tusk risers on today on my 2015 DCT. Took maybe 10 minutes and didn't have to move cables. Very happy with the results, especially for $22 delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed the eBay version of the rox pivoting risers over a year ago. Happy to say that there have been no issues other than having to tighten the bolts a little after finding the smooth contact surface would rotate in the factory clamp points. I’m sure the additional bolt torque is probably a death sentence for me with these cheap Chinese bolts and crappy pot metal. I’ll stop in every year or so just to let you guys know how they’re doing. I’d hate for you to worry.

Back