• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Incredibly annoying buzzing, high-frequency vibration recently appeared

I think you misunderstood what they were telling you. Your engine is not destroyed. If it is a valve clearance issue, a simple adjustment will fix it. That's a normal maintenance item.

Personally I'd be surprised if that resolves the issue.

I left the bike - they are first going to diagnose it, and then call me with the results. That will happen on Saturday, so I will keep you posted.

I cannot believe that this bike had its engine suddenly destroyed... as previously stated, checking oil level was one of the first things I did, and it was at an ample level. For what it's worth, while I was riding it to the dealer, the engine was perfectly capable, except for the uncomfortable vibes.

I was not trying to say that your engine was destroyed. I was rather trying suggest that it was unlikely that a valve clearance issue of this magnitude would so suddenly come about, and that only if it did come about as a result of a lubrication problem, there would be other damage as well. That the engine runs fine otherwise is a good sign.

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood what they were telling you. Your engine is not destroyed. If it is a valve clearance issue, a simple adjustment will fix it. That's a normal maintenance item.

Personally I'd be surprised if that resolves the issue.

I hope I surprise you!

I was not trying to say that your engine was destroyed. I was rather trying suggest that it was unlikely that a valve clearance issue of this magnitude would so suddenly come about, and that only if it did come about as a result of a lubrication problem, there would be other damage as well. That the engine runs fine otherwise is a good sign.

I understood you, it's just that I wanted to eliminate the option of having engine damage due to no-oil out of the equation...

Still, it might be that the previous owner didn't take the bike for a clearances checkup, and that incremental discrepancies between, what those clearances should be and what they are, brought to a sudden appearance of vibrations that weren't felt before... I dunno, just guessing.

I left the bike - they are first going to diagnose it, and then call me with the results. That will happen on Saturday, so I will keep you posted.

I cannot believe that this bike had its engine suddenly destroyed... as previously stated, checking oil level was one of the first things I did, and it was at an ample level. For what it's worth, while I was riding it to the dealer, the engine was perfectly capable, except for the uncomfortable vibes.

Has this problem been diagnosed or resolved?

Last edited:
Wow , I suppose it didn't go so well.....unfortunately. I was going to suggest checking engine mounts , air filter ( heavy dust storms etc ) and use Seafoam or similar ( depending on which country OP is in ). Hope we find out what the issue was.

I'm sorry for not giving any updates to this issue.

I have suspected that valves need calibrating (sorry, not sure of the way it's called), or whatever, but they did the distance checks and said it was fine.

They did however say that engine mounts were a little loose and that they tightened them.

Afterwards, I felt basically no difference, although I have completely lost all confidence in my sensory abilities... however, after a month or two of riding, I think I've had a feeling of bike operating significantly better, although that may be me just getting used to it (hence the lack of trust in my own sense of difference in the engine's operation).

Whatever the case may be, the bike is fine, and I do think it's running smoother.

TL;DR - Engine bearing tightening.

Back