• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'm going on a long ride tomorrow - shared tracking site if you care to follow along.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm giving a Bun Burner Gold a shot tomorrow.

If I don't oversleep and stay home my Spot Tracker will go live around 0400 EDT and be visible here:

SPOT Shared Page

Last edited:
Looks like Dave left on schedule at 4 am, now over the Jubilee Parkway, 424 miles of the 1500 done in 6.5 hours. I wonder what his planned route is? North from New Orleans to Jackson, Atlanta, Savannah and home? I couldn't do it, even 20 years ago!

Good Luck Dave! 1/3 of the way there. Hope traffic in that stretch from Orlando into Miami and back out doesn't mess you up.

Good luck, don't over do it, watch for cagers, keep the rubber side down, stay hydrated, change your underwear, comb your hair, don't piss in the wind, shake hands with a firm grip...

Good luck, don't over do it, watch for cagers, keep the rubber side down, stay hydrated, change your underwear, comb your hair, don't piss in the wind, shake hands with a firm grip...

Good luck Dave. I think while you're wearing that yellow suit you won't have to worry which way the wind blows.

Looks like Dave got hung up and cut it short. Better luck next time!

Yes, an accident on 75 below Ocala stopped traffic for about 6 miles. I had a plan B anyway for that gas stop at 875 miles. If I wasn't up for the rest of it going home from there was 1018 miles. I'm home safe and ready for a hot shower!

Even though I did not achieve my goal [this time!] of 1500 miles in 24 hours or less this ride did show me the extra fuel tank I added gives the 700 enough fuel range to make 3 to 3 1/2 hour 240-250 mile legs at 75-80 mph. The tank holds 1.5 usable gallons and my bike returned 49-53 mpg at 75-80 mph. The pony tank holds it's 1.5 gallons until there is room in the stock tank to accept it. When I burned approximately 2 gallons off the main tank I reached around the left side of the tank and opened the petcock so its contents drained into the stock tank. At 50 mpg the range should be 260 miles. At 65 mph and 62 mpg the range goes up to about 325 miles. This morning I removed the tank and replaced the pillion seat in about 5 minutes. The tank is made by Acerbis. The blue area on the frunk was protective tape so my suit wouldn't scratch or mar the paint when it was opened and rubbing against my riding suit. I ate energy bars and fruit in the saddle. The same blue tape on the inside of the lower half of the Madstad windshield muted the reflected light of the headlight so my night vision wasn't affected when riding in darkness.

Last edited:
Back