• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Idbdr 2017..

Nortwestrider

Reaction score
Visit site
The time has come to call out to all you NCer's.
I'm putting together a group to ride the IDBDR ( Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route ) in July 2017.Last one of these I organized ( WABDR )we had 4 NC's,2 DNFed and 2 finished.Who's up for a 10-12 day 1,400 mile off-road adventure ??.
983841da3825af36e373b470c35cd1bb.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Last edited:
That sounds awesome. If possible I'll go. I would know for sure six months before

You know at my age I just got to give it a go. Hope to have a few old parts replaced by then. That is parts on my body, not the bike. Hope to finish this year..... I do like your rides!

Looking forward to having the time for this when I'm retired! But until then I'll need to pass.

That is one of the reasons I do like this ride. Hope to have all my body parts replaced by then. Will be nice to stand when riding off road, a lot more stable in the dirt. Loss of weight and new kness should be in place by then. Got the new hearing aids last month. Got rid of the cataracts this month and have new eye lens. Can actually see again. Once the kness are replaced, I will get new teeth. Over the last 70 years I have just wore every part out in this old body. Then the short, fat, ugly, old man will be the bionic, short, fat, ugly, old man who can still RIDE.

Shoulder replacement later this year, seeing about the knees tomorrow, not sure about the good. OCR, I feel your pain.

That is one of the reasons I do like this ride. Hope to have all my body parts replaced by then. Will be nice to stand when riding off road, a lot more stable in the dirt. Loss of weight and new kness should be in place by then. Got the new hearing aids last month. Got rid of the cataracts this month and have new eye lens. Can actually see again. Once the kness are replaced, I will get new teeth. Over the last 70 years I have just wore every part out in this old body. Then the short, fat, ugly, old man will be the bionic, short, fat, ugly, old man who can still RIDE.

at least his heart seems to be in the right place.....

I have to say that on the WABDR,OCR kept getting up and trying.It wasn't until after fall number ?? That he realized that had really hurt himself!!.
I know that he REALLY wanted to finish the ride,it just wasn't in the cards.

Sounds like an awesome trip! I will put it on the calendar.

Do you have a starting point in mind yet?

Looks like I will have to get on Facebook to keep up with the details.

I'm hoping that by giving everybody 1.5 years that they can make plans to go ..

And your plan is to start from where ? I will have to ship my bike and I have 2 possible places: Calgary, Canada or Las Vegas...I also have to wait for the 2017 calendar for the dates of departures of the shipper.

I know a guy who did this trip last year and he liked it a lot... he made a very interesting RR with nice pics on another french canadian forum.

So I subscribe and will follow this thread.

Back