• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I smoked a Boston butt and shredded it on some onion rolls.

mpgandfun

Reaction score
Visit site
It has the best bark and smoke ring that i've done so far. I think I will be
making a few of these sammies instead of Mcdoubles for lunch tomorrow :p.
Might get some cole slaw to go with 'em too.
IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

Thank God for the picture, for a moment there I thought....Well you don't want to know what I thought, I just know how weird Northerners can get when the snow starts flying.

QUOTE=turbodieseli4i6;11689]Bamamate!!!!You owe me a beer for that![/QUOTE]

Make that 2 beers bamamate!

Looking very good there mpgandfun!

I started cooking Boston Butts when I moved up to WNC. I use McCormick Grill Mates® Applewood Rub, Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ Sauce, Kentucky Bourbon, Honey, and a dab of Bob's Habanero Hot Sauce - Liquid Fire. Do a google search and you will find the recipe for the Habanero sauce.

I rub the butt the night before and I refrigerate it in a doubled plastic grocery bags then in the morning after it comes to room temperature. I lay the butt on a bed of thick sliced onions in an aluminum pan fat side up. Cover it with heavy duty aluminum foil tightly and cook it slow and low on 275 degrees for 3-4 hours. During the last 30 - 40 minutes of cooking uncovered brush the doctored BBQ sauce on a couple of times. Remove from the oven and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes. OMG is it so good!! Fall off the bone and finger licking good. I have pictures but I just can't find them here on my laptop.

I am going to get into smoking the butts and that is where you get the smoke ring and more flavor. Job well done mpgandfun!

Site_Together1.jpg[

Attachments

• applewood.jpg
    applewood.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Thanks Seabee. Your over method sounds good. I tried my hand at making a sauce. The main ingredients were a Hab's from the garden, avocados, some orange juice, and
some spices. Not too bad, but it needs some tweaking.

No problem mpgandfun.

I like experimenting in the kitchen and other rooms of the house. I am working on some homemade peanut butter now.

10494_385301088211136_263650156_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back