• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I flexed my "baking muscle" to the benefit of my co-workers this week.

mpgandfun

Reaction score
Visit site
They look forward to the stuff I bring in around Christmas, and occasionally during the rest of the year.

Blueberry & cream cheese with vanilla braid.

IMG_0189.jpgIMG_0191.jpg

I brought these in a few weeks ago.
Soft pretzel mini rolls.

IMG_0186.jpg

Last edited:
To flex your 'baking muscle' do you have to be a MasterBaker ;) Sorry mpgandfun - weak joke - please send me a vanilla braid ASAP. Make sure you mark it as a gift though or her majesty's government will want 20% of it.
Mike

Ok, I know this is a motorcycle forum and this may make some people unhappy but can I get the recipe/instructions? I will repeat my fellow Az'ers comments. Yum looks tasty! ed

Ok, I know this is a motorcycle forum and this may make some people unhappy but can I get the recipe/instructions? I will repeat my fellow Az'ers comments. Yum looks tasty! ed

This link will take you right to it. It takes a bit to download the page as it has a few pics and lots of user responses along with the recipe.

Blueberry Cream Cheese Braid | The Fresh Loaf

No problem Mike, I have a good sense of humor :). I used the "baking muscle" wording to put a manly spin
on something that isn't typically thought of as manly in the U.S. :cool:
It used to be like that in the UK but in recent years we have had lots of TV chefs who might have changed the situation - led by Jamie Oliver who half the women probably fancied because he was cuddly and Gordon Ramsay who the other half fancied 'cause he's an absolute ba$tard. Do you have similar role models in the US?
Mike

It used to be like that in the UK but in recent years we have had lots of TV chefs who might have changed the situation - led by Jamie Oliver who half the women probably fancied because he was cuddly and Gordon Ramsay who the other half fancied 'cause he's an absolute ba$tard. Do you have similar role models in the US?
Mike

None that i'm aware of. I concentrate on the baking aspect instead of gourmet/chef caliber meals. I do all the cooking for myself (bachelor here) and I think I do a pretty good job. I would call it "home cookin'", not too fancy.

The sourdough for this boule was raised with a yeast culture I cultivated myself.
Ok, no more bragging. I should be more modest :eek:

boule3.jpg.

Last edited:
I think the hairy bikers showed some good man cooking! I think the show was a flip in the USA? History channel showed it here, it would be hard for me to think it could have been as good as the British version, I get to see it when I go back to Ireland.
http://www.hairybikers.com

Back