• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hydro dip

ricksride

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know there are some of you that have "plastic dipped" (painted), your bikes. (I read all 17 pages:p)

What I haven't read or seen here... has anyone tried hydro dipping their bike parts?

This is not mine, just an example:

dirt%20bike.jpg

I know there are some of you that have "plastic dipped" (painted), your bikes. (I read all 17 pages:p)

What I haven't read or seen here... has anyone tried hydro dipping their bike parts?

I haven't tried doing it myself, but my ebay handgaurds were faux carbon fibre dipped (they were the closest to plain black I could get, and I thought they would be a better choice to then paint black, as opposed to the bright blue/yellow/green etc., other choices)

Well as I discovered, the dipped carbon fibre application was very thin and fragile, scraping off very quickly, even with several coats of black plastidip painted on top of it. The ironic thing was, the carbon dipped gaurds were just random other coloured gaurds underneath, lol. I have one Suzuki blue on one side, and a Kawasaki lime green on the other, hahaha!

This isn't to say all hydro dips are equal, but maybe something to keep in the back of your mind, that the surfaces might scratch easily.

Why the heck did they waste an otherwise good video on a dented tank?

I wonder what they do when a wrinkle is in it? I saw one on one of the dips.

Last edited:
Back