• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How much do you accessorize your NC700?

How much do you accessorize your NC700?

• Base model (standard or DCS) - no accessories or modifications

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • 1-3 accessories or modifications

Votes: 30 20.7%
  • 4-6 accessories or modifications

Votes: 41 28.3%
  • 7-9 accessories or modifications

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • More than 9 accessories or modifications

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • Honda accessories only

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Aftermarket accessories only

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Both Honda and aftermarket accessories

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
Oh, and I ditched the yellow side reflectors on the forks, as well as the terribly awkward bracket for the red rear side reflectors. I may put the red rear side reflectors back, directly on the side of the fender. The rear reflector bracket was hideous. Removing it really cleaned up the back of the bike. Flame away.

On the contrary, probably a good 90+ percent of people would agree and applaud the removal of the reflectors and cleaning up the somewhat iffy rear end design.

While I do completely agree technically, and I've pretty much instantly removed all decals, reflectors and rear fender montrosities from all of my bikes before rolling a hundred yards, I have also suffered for my vanity...

It all depends on the bike I guess. My CBR has caused me no end of grief since doing a rear end fenderectomy. Sure it looks awsome, but OMG the damned mud and crap flung up all over the back of the tail light, licence plate, turn signals, top bodywork, pasenger seat, all up my jacket and even my helmet! Ugh!

All this constant grit has scratched the bejeebus out of everything and is a nightmare to clean. I won't even mention the GF reaction and the doghouse I was in after one trip and a few puddles.

I'm not about to strap on a yellow milkcrate to the NCX seat anytime soon, but the fenders and brackets and stoopid little reflectors can feel safe out of my little grasping clutches for now, lol.

If I lived where it didn't rain 365 days a year, no prob! But up here? Blech.

So far I have:
Pyramid fender extender
Rossocromo hugger
R&G tail tidy with led rear light cluster
Honda fly screen
Pelacrash bungs
Beowulf s/steel oval silencer
Honda tank pad
12v optimate power output in storage tank

Only thing left to get is a rad guard Beowulf are manufacturing very soon

Tony

Last edited:
I originally voted 4-6 mods, but then I realized that was seriously underestimated.

At a minimum, I have done (*) or will do:

Grip puppies
RAM GPS mount*
Different windscreen
Aftermarket or self modified seat
Rear hugger
12 volt outlet in storage bin
Headlight modulator*
Fenda Extenda*
Second modulating brakelight*
Radiator cover
Better horn
Centerstand
Goldvalve emulators
Rim stripes for accent color
Same accent color elsewhere on bike somehow

Well, that's 15 already, and surely not all.

I think disassembling and then reassembling the bike with a few extra parts, such as Bemmer did, counts at most as 1 mod. It’s basically the same thing as having parts left over only in reverse.

I really doubt that the 2 people that said no mods will stick to that.

Meh. Unless I feel really strongly about something, I've always seen more usefulness in adapting to it than trying to change it. Besides, I'm really happy with the bike as it is, and a part of that is just plain old aesthetics; I think all the racks and boxes and extended screens are crazy ugly. No offense.

Last edited:
I think disassembling and then reassembling the bike with a few extra parts, such as Bemmer did, counts at most as 1 mod. It’s basically the same thing as having parts left over only in reverse.

The OP asked how much you accessorized your bike not how nuch you had modified it therefore each accessory counts as one to my way of thinking

Absolutely I agree. And paying the Honda dealer to add a cigarette lighter and a foxtail to a stock motorcycle counts as two.

I guess I travel pretty lightly compared to most folks.

I already took a trip halfway up the East coast and found a backpack to be more than adequate. If I had to guess what I'd do on a longer trip I suppose I'd just tie a duffel bag to the rear seat, but it would have to be a really really long trip to require more stuff than I could fit in a backpack. Last year I was in Costa Rica for a month and didn't need more than that.

Also I don't wear underwear, so that frees up some space right there. :)

Last edited:
I guess I travel pretty lightly compared to most folks.

I already took a trip halfway up the East coast and found a backpack to be more than adequate. If I had to guess what I'd do on a longer trip I suppose I'd just tie a duffel bag to the rear seat, but it would have to be a really really long trip to require more stuff than I could fit in a backpack. Last year I was in Costa Rica for a month and didn't need more than that.

Also I don't wear underwear, so that frees up some space right there. :)
Back in the 70s some friends and I were travelling to the Dragon Rally Whilst having a coffee break all our clothing and camping equipment was stolen from our bikes. Since then I have always felt happier leaving my stuff in hard luggage

Back in the 70s some friends and I were travelling to the Dragon Rally Whilst having a coffee break all our clothing and camping equipment was stolen from our bikes. Since then I have always felt happier leaving my stuff in hard luggage

Am surprised no one was left to watch over the bikes while the others where gone? It is something we have always done when a group has gone touring abroad as none of the riders have had hard luggage.

Am surprised no one was left to watch over the bikes while the others where gone? It is something we have always done when a group has gone touring abroad as none of the riders have had hard luggage.

There were only myself my then girl friend her sister and my best mate so not really a big group and as it was February and North of London we were trying to thaw out

Yeah that's a plus in the luggage column. Going to N Carolina I had my jacket tied to the back for most of the ride. When the bike was going to be out of sight for more than a reasonable amount of time, I just took it with me. I guess I'd do the same with a duffel.

You're always going to give something up somewhere: you give up convenience for aesthetics, comfort for simplicity, economy for speed, and so on. Different strokes, and all that.

So far, I have added the Honda Touring screen and a GPS mount for my Garmin Zumo 660 on the handle bar. I plan to try my airhawk seat also as soon as I can get the over-tightened bolts out.

Honda Main Stand
Honda Tall Windscreen
Honda Side Cowl Panel
Pyramid rear hugger
Pyramid front fends extender

That's it for now folks. Have no intentions to add anymore accessories other than maybe a bruudt tail kit or Honda panniers.

Back