• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How many of you wave when going by another bike on the road ?

I live in a pretty small community (300k or so in the entire valley) that has a pretty big biker population. It can be split up into several categories.
Fags (See South Park S13E12 'The F Word' if you don't get it)
Adventure bikers.
Adventure bikers on BMW GSs
Sports bikers
And my 'favourite', bikers who wear the Kelowna uniform, flip-flops, shorts, wife-beater, and a $2000 carbon fibre helmet.

Most Fags wave at Fags, but are too 'cool' or 'tough' to wave at anyone else, but there are a few that do wave.
Adventure bikers mostly wave.
GS riders wave at other GS riders, if they can lower their noses from the air long enough to see them.
Sports riders wave like the adventure riders.
The unclothed idiots get roundly ignored by everyone.

I,v been riding a long time,,,I used to wave years ago,more a thumps up really to let eachother know we where both in mechanical sound condition, these days seems abit pointless ,unless its to warn of a oncoming speed trap!!!!

Identity crisis? Maybe? Looks like a sport bike or an adventure bike maybe a dual sport and with the muffler removed it sounds like a v-twin cruiser :)

Here in the Imperial valley we get strong wind on a daily basis. If the wind is at your back you don't feel a thing, but when it's a headwind with strong crosswind gusts you hang on for dear life. Also if your not in clean air like when behind a vehicle, the buffeting can be outrageous especially behind the many semi-tractor trailers. Taking a hand off the bars could put you in the ditch.

I try to wave at all motorcycles, but often forget. It's hot here(110-115*F) and most of us just want to get to where we need to be in a hurry. I do not get offended if I wave and don't get a wave back.

I wave to pretty much everyone. Motorcycles, hikers, guys watering their lawns. I don't wave to bicycles (unless the riders are under 12 years old). They are just to tired to wave a hand. They usually are some kind of greenie weenie and wouldn't wave back because I have a motor on my two wheeler.

In Colorado almost every rider waves. They are different styles depending on what is being ridden. I do not ride on weekends, so we usually don't see the weekend warrior types.

I live in a pretty small community (300k or so in the entire valley) that has a pretty big biker population. It can be split up into several categories.
Fags (See South Park S13E12 'The F Word' if you don't get it)
Adventure bikers.
Adventure bikers on BMW GSs
Sports bikers
And my 'favourite', bikers who wear the Kelowna uniform, flip-flops, shorts, wife-beater, and a $2000 carbon fibre helmet.

Most Fags wave at Fags, but are too 'cool' or 'tough' to wave at anyone else, but there are a few that do wave.
Adventure bikers mostly wave.
GS riders wave at other GS riders, if they can lower their noses from the air long enough to see them.
Sports riders wave like the adventure riders.
The unclothed idiots get roundly ignored by everyone.

That sounds about right. For the most part, I wave at any riders, if I am not looking into a corner (not seeing them) or busy with clutch/brake in traffic.

Back