• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How do you measure your inseam?

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
I see so many people here listing their inseam. What number do you get that from? Is that from your general pants size or from an actual measurement of your true inseam? I have both but in jeans I wear a 32 and they're often long, but my true inseam is 34". Which should I go with when comparing other riders measurements?

Sadly, there's no right answer, because you don't know which number the other rider you're comparing yourself to used.

I mean, I'd like to think someone would post their actual measurement instead of how they like to wear their jeans, but knowing human nature I'm guessing most didn't post their actual inseam.

Sorry, I'm sure that wasn't the answer you wanted.

I refer to the pants size.

I go by the true measurement of when I was in the military and when renting tuxedoes for weddings-32" insea:

Remove your shoes and socks and don a pair of well-fitting pants or simply undertake the task in your underwear. Stand on level ground with your feet flat, spaced about 6 inches apart.

Position the beginning end of the measuring tape right at the bottom of your foot, inside the leg. Hold the tape's tab in place under your foot or enlist a partner to hold the tape down for you -- the starting point should be right where your foot meets the floor.

Stand straight up and hold the tape so that it runs up the inside of your leg. Record the measurement from the floor to the point where the tape meets your crotch-where the leg joins the crotch area -- this is your inseam. Typically, you'll need the number in inches and can round up odd measurements to the nearest half inch

I see so many people here listing their inseam. What number do you get that from? Is that from your general pants size or from an actual measurement of your true inseam? I have both but in jeans I wear a 32 and they're often long, but my true inseam is 34". Which should I go with when comparing other riders measurements?

here is how. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R1X7-xgqHA

Back