• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

A Barn Quilt eh...never heard of such a thing. You learn something new everyday!

I did some Googling and found that Barn Quilts are a thing in Ontario. Found a website Ontario's Barn Quilt Trails | Canada's Barn Quilt Network and going to see if I can win the tag tomorrow if no one beats me to it. This is my goal, a Barn Quilt on this country store a pleasant half hour ride from home.

This picture from Google Street view.

streetview.JPG

It's called 'The Basket'.

Last edited:
Yes, they are usually volunteer, though sometimes there will be one or two professionals.
The one I posted is like that.

Old tag, barn quilt:
E29D02CF-95B7-4DBC-948A-4434124F69C1.jpg

I've passed by many nicer barn quilts just in the past two days, but I was riding a motorcycle other than the NC, and now I can't remember where they were anyway.

New tag coming soon!

Last edited:
New tag. Multiple choice! You can pick from one of these since they may be more difficult.

Choice 1) A waterfall, either natural or man made. This one is man made. It is on a canal carrying hot water from a nuclear power plant, to be dumped into a remote section of the lake.

100_1552.jpg

Choice 2) A narrow tunnel or viaduct that you can ride through. A one lane bridge that you ride over does not qualify.

100_1560.jpg

Last edited:
Old tag: A narrow tunnel
1.jpg
New tag: Inukshuk or similar type thing where you live
2.jpg

Last edited:
A Barn Quilt eh...never heard of such a thing. You learn something new everyday!

I did some Googling and found that Barn Quilts are a thing in Ontario. Found a website Ontario's Barn Quilt Trails | Canada's Barn Quilt Network and going to see if I can win the tag tomorrow if no one beats me to it. This is my goal, a Barn Quilt on this country store a pleasant half hour ride from home.

This picture from Google Street view.

View attachment 37056

It's called 'The Basket'.

= = = = = = = =

3.jpg

= = = = = = = =

i had never heard of one of those "Inukshuk"until years ago when i watched a movie called "Snow Walker". Although there is nothing like that in my area, i'll look for a "Similar type".... :{)

New tag
: Inukshuk or similar type thing where you live
View attachment 37082

Sumo - Would a totem pole be considered close enough as a similar type thing? Or are you looking for something that shows more direction for travelers as the Inukshuk does??

"In North America, totem poles are part of the cultures of many indigenous peoples of Alaska, British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest. Totem poles serve many purposes beyond their beauty, and their meanings are as varied as the cultures that make them. Some totem poles represent stories or important events."

Totem pole is one of the things I had in mind. All good! Honestly I don't know what an Inukshuk is for. I did watch a short video today that explained that it's a way of saying, "I was here!"

[video=youtube;JD7rAD_S-fE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD7rAD_S-fE[/video]

Totem pole is one of the things I had in mind. All good! Honestly I don't know what an Inukshuk is for. I did watch a short video today that explained that it's a way of saying, "I was here!"

Cool, I took a chance after send you the question and just did a quick 50 miler to get a totem pole picture.

Old tag: Inukshuk or similar type thing where you live.
NC Totem.jpg

New tag: A paraglider, parasailer, hang glider or parachute. Something with people hanging underneath in the air supported by fabric and no motor of their own. A hot air balloon works in a pinch. Gliders, Ultra-lights, etc don't count.

NC Parasail.jpg Paraglider 2.jpg

Hey NWC. Is that Tiger Mountain?
>Thom

Btw... I ran into several inukshui today in downtown Olympia (while looking for a totem pole). Looks like you beat me to the punch...

image.jpg

The nice lady that owned the home had never heard of an inunchuk but she remembered seeing small piles of stones like this in northern Canada when she was a child. She thought they looked neat so she created several in her front yard in Olympia.

Off to get some para-somethings...

Hey NWC. Is that Tiger Mountain?
>Thom

It is. Good one Thom. Glad to hear you are riding again. The totem is in Fall City. I started to take a long detour on the way home after getting the picture but I got tired of eating/breathing the smoke from all the fires in the NW so I ended up turning around in Duvall. The air quality is so bad, I probably need to change out my filters and oil on all my vehicles.

77B2F46F-7C6D-4AE8-BE1D-73E2FBD7EF00.jpg

Too late, but I saw this on Lime Kiln Road near Neosho, Missouri. It is sort of an “I was here.”

if you google "paragliding near me" you may find some options to get the tag. If after a few more days no one is able to get it I will come up with something to open it up a bit.

Nwc... I'd let this one ride for a bit. The game is supposed to get people out riding and get them thinking. I am pretty sure I can snag this in the next couple of days.
>T

Old tag.... Parachutes....

0902181205e.jpg

This one pretty cool. One of my other hobbies is radio controlled airplanes, gliders, cars,trucks,boats,and parachutes! We attach a scale model paratrooper under an rc airplane, haul him up to about 800 feet and the airplane pilot releases the jumper. After a short count, the guy who is flying the jumper pops the chute and then, using rc equipment connected to the jumper's arms, we steer him to the drop target. Since the size of the jumper wasn't mentioned, I will hope that an 18" tall jumper will be acceptable for claiming the tag.

Here's a pic of the drop plane with the jumper strapped to the belly.

0902181155a.jpg

New tag is in the works. Should have a new one by the end of the day.
>Thom

Back