• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

Old tag... old 60's style burger joint in Bonner's Ferry Idaho.
Bonners Ferry Burger Express for lunch.jpg

New tag.. Campground with an animals name in it. "Beaver Creek" Campground.
It is also the furthest most north/western campground you can get to in Idaho.
Great ride! :{)
Beaver Creek Campground5.jpg

Last edited:
Rapturee, you came up with a good/challenging one (again). I am finding animals aren't a common campground name. They are out there just require some time to go get. You many need to let this bake for a bit longer before one of us gets it.

I can easily get this animal camground if:

1) I take the NC for a ride instead of the CRF250 (which I’m riding a lot since it’s new).
and
2) It cools off later today. It’s just too dang hot to ride right now.

indeed, a lot of fires are in our surrounding area as well. We have been in the high 90's and a couple of days of triple digits. A short reprieve and this coming week we will be right back up to triple digits again. :{

Still hot out today, so Sunday morning at dawn I'll go get the campground tag! Save it for me!

As promised . . .

Old tag - campground with an animal's name in it. Here is Ringneck Ridge Campground, referring to ringneck or ringed-neck pheasants. At the bottom of the sign we have Whitetail Prairie Campground, referring to whitetail or white-tailed deer. Both animals are seen regularly in the area, hence the names.
100_1549.jpg

New tag - a water crossing. Bonus points are awarded if it has water flowing, but tag OK if it's dry. Special recognition given if you rode through it! It needs to be a place in the road where, by design, the water is intended to cross over the roadway. I visited three of these on today's ride.

This one is paved. They can get slick in late summer due to plant growth.
100_1555.jpg

This one is unpaved. Good when the water is low but bad when high, as you can't see what you're riding over. (Where's Waldo? He's in the mirror!)
100_1559.jpg

This one looks like it could really be in the boonies, until you notice the backside of a large highway sign at the top of the photo. There is an interstate highway immediately to the right of this farm access road.
100_1563.jpg

Last edited:
Been simmering almost 2-weeks. I'm headed out camping on the bike for a couple of days to look for a stream crossing a stretch of road. Let's see what we can find! :{)

Been simmering almost 2-weeks. I'm headed out camping on the bike for a couple of days to look for a stream crossing a stretch of road. Let's see what we can find! :{)

Sounds good! If you don’t get the tag in a few days, I’ll expand the category a little to give people more chances.

Aside from the heat, I'm trying to get my new Wing to the 4000 mile service before leaving on a trip to Yellowstone right after Labor Day.

The NC has been waiting for more turns. :p

Old tag: low water bridge.

I have seen water across this, so I guess it counts.
We had heavy rain yesterday and I thought it might be under water, but it was fine.

Just south of Racine, Missouri.
One lane bridge with signs on both sides that say “Yield to oncoming traffic.”

So I guess in theory two vehicles could sit there facing one another forever.

7ABD3349-3194-4C9D-B584-7ECA8D073D97.jpg

E91FCA05-CDF9-4DAF-A123-7B115B3D2780.jpg

New tag: Rural fire department. ��

View attachment 37044

I didn’t get the sign in sharp focus.

Attachments

• E1532678-C22F-4C88-9AB6-0774B86DF35D.jpg
    E1532678-C22F-4C88-9AB6-0774B86DF35D.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
New tag: Rural fire department. ��

View attachment 37044

I didn’t get the sign in sharp focus.

Hank, I am not able to read the sign in the picture (can't enlarge it) but can you help this city fellow out with a definition of a rural fire department? A fire department with all volunteer firefighters or ??

Thanks, NWC

Old tag "Rural Fire Department" This one has a corn field behind it, and the road it's on is part of the original Santa Fe Trail. I've been past it many times and have never seen any cars in the parking lot so I assume it's all volunteer.
P8190098.jpg

New Tag "Barn Quilt"
P1010089.jpg

P1010095.jpgP1010087.jpg

Hank, I am not able to read the sign in the picture (can't enlarge it) but can you help this city fellow out with a definition of a rural fire department? A fire department with all volunteer firefighters or ??

Thanks, NWC

I was too slow, Dennis beat me to it. Old tag rural fire station:

IMG_3347.jpg

Mostly volunteers. I think any fire station 'not in a city' would qualify.

Back