• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC Mystery Part? Can you identify?

SergeantChuck

Commuter Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I 'm not sure if anyone would be interested but I'd like to introduce another game. Everyone seems to enjoy the "How about a game of NC tag". This is very similar except for the fact that all your photos are close-ups of items on your bike. You won't have to ride anywhere which I guess takes away some of the fun but it tests how well you know your bike.

I have seen this on a few other forums so I thought I'd try it on my favorite. This is how it works: Take a picture of something on your NCX. It is better if the photo is close up. First person to identify the part gets to make the next challenge.

RULES
1. Post a picture of something that will be difficult to recognize. Responders guess what the picture is. The first correct post wins and gets to post their own picture.
2. All pictures have to be from a NC700X/S/XD.
3. No picture modifications allowed other than cropping and resizing.
4. If no winner is declared after one week, the first poster that responded to the picture gets to post up a new picture for the next challenge. In the event of a tie between posters, a tie being there post logged at the same exact hourly time on the forum page, the winner will be decided by the users' join date of the forum.
5. All pictures must be of stock NCX components. No pictures of aftermarket items or modified items.

I'll start it with the picture below. Remember...first one to post the right answer gets to post their own picture. Let's have some fun and be creative with your pictures. I’ll make the first one really easy.

20131002_120653.jpg

You are correct. Now you post a picture and you can make it more difficult if you like. Wanted to start out easy. Keep in mind you will need to check periodically to see if someone guessed right.

O.K. - here is my picture - I don't think this one is so easy! Depends what maintenance you have had to do on the bike?

Guess.jpg

I must clean my bike more often!

This is a shot in the dark because that is a good one but it looks like it's apart of the airbox? Also maybe parts that differ from manual to dct should be left out?

Last edited:
Hi, No I am afraid it's not anything to do with the air box and it is not DCT specific.

I think you might have the right idea Beemerphile - possibly our terminology doesn't agree - can you be a little more specific?

The rules did not say it had to be the right way up!

Edit: Just realised it's 2:00am here - gone for shuteye

Last edited:
Under the rear fender, the two holes for the bolts that holds the tail light ??

Last edited:
OK, OK! Don't gang up on me or I might run over your bike with my SUV.

So Beemerphile got it right first and FrankQC described it in the terminology I was actually thinking of - don't forget that over here a "fender" is a defensive move in fencing, a "trunk" is an item of luggage, a "hood" is something you flip up from your coat to keep the rain off.............................

So over to you Beemerphile - we await your photo with interest.

- don't forget that over here a "fender" is a defensive move in fencing, a "trunk" is an item of luggage, a "hood" is something you flip up from your coat to keep the rain off.............................

The Yanks and the Brits are two peoples separated by a common language. I'll hunt up a challenging picture today.

OK, OK! Don't gang up on me or I might run over your bike with my SUV.

So Beemerphile got it right first and FrankQC described it in the terminology I was actually thinking of - don't forget that over here a "fender" is a defensive move in fencing, a "trunk" is an item of luggage, a "hood" is something you flip up from your coat to keep the rain off.............................

So over to you Beemerphile - we await your photo with interest.

Even within the borders of the US different words are used for different things. The first time I met a guy from Georgia (Enlisted in Army) we went for a ride in my car and he asked me what was in my dash pocket. Now what the hell is a dash pocket? I always called it the glove compartment.

Appreciate everyone giving the game a go. Could get interesting.

Absolutely correct - of course it is a glove compartment, or even a glove box - dash pocket sounds like somewhere to put your keys in your running shorts:cool:

Well I'm gonna say that's the back side of the "horn".

Greg

Back