• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

HONDABIKEPRO Nut Plate Complaint...(Highly recommended farkle!)

Scooterman

Reaction score
Visit site
I just received Dale's (HONDABIKEPRO) Nut plates for my 2014 NC700X. They are so beautifully crafted and built that I HATE hiding them behind the windshield bracket! They are such an awesome solution to a problem that could be life threatening. (My C** B****y windshield tried to fly off my bike at about 70mph a couple weeks ago. I'm lucky I was paying attention and no harm was done.) Thank you, Dale for a great fix that Honda should incorporate into this bike. (Unless you are happy with the stock shield.:D)
Mike (aka Scooterman)

It's unrealistic to expect any manufacturer to provide for any contingency in mounting non-standard accessories. If there is any real fault in your example, it would lay with the windshield maker.

Honda only used the "rubber washers" aka "well nuts" for the stock small windscreen.

Honda's larger accessory "touring" screen comes with nut plates.

Newer members can really benefit from reading the old posts on a particular subject........the "well nuts" and windscreen mounting has been mentioned many times. Several post mention the same concern that the well nuts are strong enough for larger screen. Aftermarket screen manufactures should provide the proper mounting hardware for their screen.

Obviously a screen loose or coming off at speed could be a huge safety concern for the rider and others on the road ..........Think before doing any mod.........

Last edited:
C** B****y is at fault for not supplying proper hardware for their aftermarket shield. Honda well nuts work fine for their designed use of securing the stock shield.

Last edited:
C** B****y is at fault for not supplying proper hardware fore their aftermarket shield. Honda well nuts work fine for their designed use of securing the stock shield.

Yes this is what i have said from the start, the well nuts are fine for the stock shield. But anything larger is not safe with out some other type of shield hold down. And make sure you do not over tighted, with my nut plates, you will brake the aftermarket wind shields. Dale

As I mentioned... The stock Honda well nuts are fine for the stock shield. Larger shield means more leverage against a system not designed for it. (BTW, I did read older posts about the potential problem with aftermarket shields and stock fasteners. That was the reason I saw the stock nut wells pulling out at speed.) Love them nut plates! Thanks again, Dale.

Last edited:
C** B****y is at fault for not supplying proper hardware for their aftermarket shield. Honda well nuts work fine for their designed use of securing the stock shield.

Agree.......their stuff is usually very well done...... so ........I was curious and found C** web site..........there is a red call out that their shield comes with hardware:

"These shields are tall enough to be effective and feature a reverse curve. This makes a shorter shield stand taller yet maintains ample room between the rider and shield. The result is a shield that reduces the torso blast and buffeting effects that's associated with others. Two sizes to choose from for a shield that suits your riding needs.

Includes hardware & instructions

Manufactured from .187 aircraft grade acrylic and available in clear, green, light & dark gray tints

Suggested sizing is for most average body builds on stock seats. Riders that are caught in between sizes need to determine torso and posture and for best results. It is always better to be on the next shorter size if ordering dark gray (Must see over the top). "

http://www.ceebaileys.com/honda/nc700x_ws.html

Not sure what hardware means ?????? But guess it comes with bolts ?????

Last edited:
I have a Cee Bailey windshield on my NC and am happy with it. :)

The "included hardware" are the long screws and black standoffs you can see on their catalog pic. And Yes, I am using the HondaPro plates but lacking those, you could probably use large rubber grommets, body washers and locknuts.

Common sense is always required when installing non-factory accessories.

Last edited:
I just realized that I need this nut plate as my C...B...y windshield also tried to fly off with the stock mounting. I'm up against the wall with a long ride planned next weekend, anyone know how to order this online asap so I can have it shipped tmrw?

If you can't get the plates in time for your ride, you can reverse the screws and insert the screws from behind the dash and use acorn nuts on the outside of the shield.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Back