• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Tall Screen

If you have the tall windscreen, you already have the nut plates, they come with the tall screen and the mount. If your not sure where the wind is hitting you which is obvious from some of the posts here, while your riding take your left hand and, starting at your chest, move it up slowly, you will feel when the wind starts hitting it, and you will feel when the wind hits it full force.
If your 6'2", your honda tall windscreen will not push the wind over your head, unless of course you have a 40 inch inseam... LOL

I have both the stock and Honda Touring (tall) windscreens. I've been running the larger/taller screen almost continuously since I got the bike. I've tried the stock flyscreen, so called I believe because it's only large enough to shield your fly from wind :p , and it's great for 'perfect-weather' riding. I'm ~5'11" with a ~32 - 33" pant inseam, and I find that the touring screen is deflecting the air stream onto the middle to lower part of my helmet. I say this because my torso is quite well-shielded from the wind, but when I raise up very roughly 3 inches all the buffetting of my head and all the wind noise disappears. So, what would be ideal for me personally would be for the Touring screen to be swept back for perhaps the last inch of its height (I'm guessing as to where the sweep would need to begin). This should keep the wind off my torso, but stop the buffetting I'm still getting that causes some neck strain.

Personally, I find the stock screen to be VERY bad when in the raised position. That causes the worst buffetting for me, yet offers basically zero protection from wind. When summer comes, I'm not sure whether I'll continue to use the stock screen in the low position, or return to the Touring screen. The furnace blast of air here is too much to tolerate during my commute; the dehydration/heat exhaustion risk is too high.

Hey ...

You can play with the tilt by adding flat faucet washets or similar between the mount and windscreen -- you may need longer mounting screws.

That is one thing that helped on the V-Strom's before the MadStad adjustable brackets became available ...

I have both the stock and Honda Touring (tall) windscreens. I've been running the larger/taller screen almost continuously since I got the bike. I've tried the stock flyscreen, so called I believe because it's only large enough to shield your fly from wind :p , and it's great for 'perfect-weather' riding. I'm ~5'11" with a ~32 - 33" pant inseam, and I find that the touring screen is deflecting the air stream onto the middle to lower part of my helmet. I say this because my torso is quite well-shielded from the wind, but when I raise up very roughly 3 inches all the buffetting of my head and all the wind noise disappears. So, what would be ideal for me personally would be for the Touring screen to be swept back for perhaps the last inch of its height (I'm guessing as to where the sweep would need to begin). This should keep the wind off my torso, but stop the buffetting I'm still getting that causes some neck strain.

Personally, I find the stock screen to be VERY bad when in the raised position. That causes the worst buffetting for me, yet offers basically zero protection from wind. When summer comes, I'm not sure whether I'll continue to use the stock screen in the low position, or return to the Touring screen. The furnace blast of air here is too much to tolerate during my commute; the dehydration/heat exhaustion risk is too high.

Yeah, already did the washer thing and the raise it to the top two bolt holes thing and still get the wind blast about the height of my eyes. Hate to think that I would have to go to one of those huge wind screens, they just look so wrong on the bike..

I'm 5'8" w/stock shield. I've tried both settings but the wind literally aggressive with me at freeway speeds. I live in desert conditions with heavy winds and open road. I want too buy that tall windscreen. Heard it works for guys my height. For someone your height have you looked into something with an adjustable visor?

I put the Honda tall screen on this past Friday and hit the road this weekend (in the nasty rain).

My initial observations are this:
1 - First, my height - 5'10" with a 31" inseam.
2 - Much more comfortable ride than with the stock screen. The air is a bit noisier on the helmet, but not so much that it's intolerable. I ride with in-ear headphones that reduce outside noise by around 20dB (in practice). I've got no problems with excessive noise.
3 - The wind itself is directed almost completely over the helmet. I do get a little bit at the very top (hence the extra noise).
4 - My visor fogs a LOT more now. I guess I have to work the vents more.
5 - It felt, with the stock screen, that I was going faster than I actually was. 45 felt like 65. Now, with the taller screen, I feel like I'm doing the speed I'm actually doing.

Overall, I'm pleased. I did find one peculiarity when mounting it. My mount bar made it so the bottom bolts wouldn't line up well. I had to almost cross thread them due to the weird angle that they had to go in at. I got it to work, but it was a bit of effort.

J.

I'm 5'9" and have the tall shield. It works great for me. I am somewhat surprised at how well it works. I wear a Shoei Multitec and wear earplugs except for around town. It is a bit noisy
Mike

For your fogging issues trying respro masks, they stick inside the helmet and seal your breath downward out of the helmet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dude, I never realized you could move that stock screen. I just switched mine so we'll see how it works. I wish I had read this before riding six hours the other day.
Thanks for the post.

Does anyone have the installation instructions for the tall OEM windshield? When mine came from the dealer installed, it seems to move around a lot. Upon inspection, the lower two mounting screws were not tight. Looking deeper, the lower screws are too large for the nuts embedded in the original rubber mounting bushing. This just doesn't seem right?

Does anyone have the installation instructions for the tall OEM windshield? When mine came from the dealer installed, it seems to move around a lot. Upon inspection, the lower two mounting screws were not tight. Looking deeper, the lower screws are too large for the nuts embedded in the original rubber mounting bushing. This just doesn't seem right?

3emu7eza.jpg
adu9yzeg.jpg
te5abe3e.jpg

I hope you can read this,I took the pics with my phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've been using the tall screen all but the first week. Stock screen gave me strong wind right on the shoulders, with the taller one the wind seems to hit me somewhere mid-screen on the helmet. I'm 6" with 36 inseam. It does cause annoying wind noise but so far it's not too bad.

I just got the Honda touring screen and tried it out yesterday. Seems the turbulence created starts an annoying helmet vibration. Would it help if I moved it to the higher setting?

Went back to the stock screen for my daily ride.

I'm in the UK.......I have just fitted a Puig (Spanish I think) tall screen. Perfect fit and no head/body wind. I am 5' 10" (and shrinking annually at 69 years old!)

Back