• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Recalls over 45,000 motorcycles

One wonders why this is happening with later year models of the same bike. Problems are supposed to ironed out with time not increase. I have seen the same problem with Triumphs. The latest models of my Explorer have gearbox issues that were never evident in the earlier ones which I have. I am putting it down to cost cutting and the ever increasing rush towards the disposable motorcycle.

Very interesting. Thanks so much for sharing this. Are there any other recalls affecting the NC700s, for any model years?

There was a drive chain recall for a batch of RK brand chains in 2012, an instrument cluster recall for 2014 models, and some frunk lid catches, but I'm not positive on the model year for those. 2014 as well, maybe?

I think that's it, barring the latest starter relay issue.

One wonders why this is happening with later year models of the same bike. Problems are supposed to ironed out with time not increase. I have seen the same problem with Triumphs. The latest models of my Explorer have gearbox issues that were never evident in the earlier ones which I have. I am putting it down to cost cutting and the ever increasing rush towards the disposable motorcycle.

For some of these things, I don't think it's so much of a design failure, or something that should have been fixed, or a cost cutting measure, but more of a machine/human error type of deal. From what I gather about the starter relay, is that there wasn't enough insulating potting epoxy put into a batch of the gubbins, and this is what's causing the potential overheating of the circuit. I see this as just a fault of the machine (or human in charge of) supplying the epoxy, maybe running out of the stuff at the end of an automated production run, and it wasn't caught.

Same with the drive chains. An accidental over or under heat treatment, during one batch of a production run.

so many recalls by honda recently and I start to think is honda losing the edge?
Made in Japan means less these days anyway.

so many recalls by honda recently and I start to think is honda losing the edge?
Made in Japan means less these days anyway.

I thought only the early model run of the NC was made in Japan, then they sent the manufacturing line over to South Korea, or Taiwan, or some other smaller southeast asian country...

Suppliers of parts. Any supplier can have a bad run of parts, not caught by QA, and parts installed.

Back