• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda OEM Light Bar

Billy Budd

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the OEM light bar today. A little tricky to get it all bolted up, then you tighten it. FYI Mother Honda has a six page instruction manual on how to completely strip the bike to the dang frame to remove a small piece of plastic under the headlight. I disregarded that and simply reached up there with a utility knife and cut it out. Once it is in and bolted up it looks and feels great. Also the light bar has two 6mm X 1.0 braze ons so you can bolt a light bracket to them. I made and test fit my brackets before I bolted them up. Now the lights................

Last edited:
All of my accessories were installed by the dealer, but I was noticing yesterday that it _looks_ to me like my dealer used the same knife trick as you used. ;)

When I installed mine I used a utility knife the same as you. I bought some automotive lights at a parts store for $25.00 that came with wires and relay went to Tractor Supply bought some 1" alum angle t0 make the light mounts. Alot cheaper than honda lightsiphone 449.jpg

Davey,
I bought some less expensive lights as well. If I like the low beam assist, I will upgrade them later. I don't really need super bright lights, just some that I can leave on in traffic.

Davey,
I bought some less expensive lights as well. If I like the low beam assist, I will upgrade them later. I don't really need super bright lights, just some that I can leave on in traffic.
These are only 55w. I wired them to the fuse block that's only hot when the key is on so they come on when the key is on. I did use a relay

Done, I will take some pics and try them out , they seem super bright, almost too bright for traffic, I may turn them downward some.

Well I took her for a test ride out in the sticks tonight to test the lights. They worked great, bright enough to light up the road in front of me and aimed low enough that not one car flashed their brights at me. I took some pics but I don't know how well they will show the difference. It was worth the effort. Lights I bought have a little LED switch I mounted on the bars, red is on and green is off.

013.jpg015.jpg

Last edited:
If that line in the center of the other lane was black instead of white you could take credit for one awsome burnout!!!!!!

For those of you that have the light bar mounted and also have lights, any ideas on where I can buy brackets to mount my Denali lights Denali D1 LED Lighting 2-Light Kit with Full Wiring Harness and M10 Mount - TwistedThrottle.com.

Twisted throttle offers a mounting kit that'll fit the light bar wondering if there's enough clearance for these to be mounted Techmount Light Mount Kit (pair) for 7/8", 1", or 28mm crashbars and handlebars - Black or Silver - TwistedThrottle.com

Any feedback/help is greatly appreciated.

iphone 455.jpgI just used a 3/4" aluminum angle 2" long. You can get it at stores like Lowe's I got mine at Tractor Supply. It comes in 3' lengths but you can cut it up and use it for all kinds of brackets not just for your bike.

Last edited:
Great. Thanks DaveyHarr doesn't appear to be too difficult. Do you notice vibration in the reflection of the lights when going over bumpy surfaces?

If you are going to make the mounts make sure you check the clearance on the shocks. The holes in the bar are real close.

After I made my brackets I actually moved them a little off center to clear the shock tree. Close but solid and I did not detect any vibration when riding.

Back