• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda bulldog

I like the idea, but not the execution. It's just a shade too far into the designed for a look rather than a function.

Like what someone *thinks* is "rugged", but has no real world knowledge of what it takes to make it work.

The exhaust pipes go directly under the engine, so even the smallest curb in a purely urban city environment, could instantly damage it. It has what appears to be less than 3-4" of suspension travel, and combine that with 15" tires, well, it may be difficult for this thing to even get over a curb, let alone have to worry about crunching the header pipes, I guess.

One tip over and there go the clutch and brake levers. Not even a vestigial handle bar protector or plastic wind guard to prevent damage. This goes entirely against the big engine crash bars and stout looking headlight storage platform/protector tubework.

I love Honda's new found fascination with storage compartments, but it always seems to come at the price of fuel tank size. The gas tank on the Bulldog has to be in the usual place, not under the seat as there is zero room, but the airbox and storage bins have to take up a lot of volume, so I can't see the fuel capacity being much over 12-ish litres, say.

It looks like it was designed by short young Japanese girls for other short young Japanese girls, who would want the colours to match their new cute shoes and nail polish, and show off their Pokémon collection stored inside the tank compartments.

I know, I know, that sounds like I'm eviscerating the poor thing and kicking sand at it, lol. But I DO like the idea and even the look, god forbid. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with a target audience being zeroed in on. Maybe there are more domestic market short young Japanese girls who would buy this bike on powder blue painted accent looks alone, regardless of function, than all of North America combined. Who knows?

Some of these whacky things are never really conceived to be of interest to anyone outside Japan, with a few notable exceptions here and there of course. (DN-01, NM4, etc.)

City bike for sure. Looks like it has, at most, about 3 inches of front suspension travel.

The author suggests that a DCT from the CTX line would drop right in. Uh, well, this engine looks based off the 500cc lineup. So no, I doubt the DCT would just "drop right in", but of course it could be engineered into that engine family.

If this integral storage space is anything like the CTX or the NM4, you might even be able to store your wallet and gloves there.

I like the idea, but not the execution. It's just a shade too far into the designed for a look rather than a function.

Like what someone *thinks* is "rugged", but has no real world knowledge of what it takes to make it work.

The exhaust pipes go directly under the engine, so even the smallest curb in a purely urban city environment, could instantly damage it. It has what appears to be less than 3-4" of suspension travel, and combine that with 15" tires, well, it may be difficult for this thing to even get over a curb, let alone have to worry about crunching the header pipes, I guess.

One tip over and there go the clutch and brake levers. Not even a vestigial handle bar protector or plastic wind guard to prevent damage. This goes entirely against the big engine crash bars and stout looking headlight storage platform/protector tubework.

I love Honda's new found fascination with storage compartments, but it always seems to come at the price of fuel tank size. The gas tank on the Bulldog has to be in the usual place, not under the seat as there is zero room, but the airbox and storage bins have to take up a lot of volume, so I can't see the fuel capacity being much over 12-ish litres, say.

It looks like it was designed by short young Japanese girls for other short young Japanese girls, who would want the colours to match their new cute shoes and nail polish, and show off their Pokémon collection stored inside the tank compartments.

I know, I know, that sounds like I'm eviscerating the poor thing and kicking sand at it, lol. But I DO like the idea and even the look, god forbid. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with a target audience being zeroed in on. Maybe there are more domestic market short young Japanese girls who would buy this bike on powder blue painted accent looks alone, regardless of function, than all of North America combined. Who knows?

Some of these whacky things are never really conceived to be of interest to anyone outside Japan, with a few notable exceptions here and there of course. (DN-01, NM4, etc.)

So you aren't a powder blue type of guy? Huh, never would have guessed that. :rolleyes:

So you aren't a powder blue type of guy? Huh, never would have guessed that. :rolleyes:

...I despair at being so transparent, lol :eek: :eek:

(mind you, I *do* fondly recall an album cover in my youth, that had a girl with powder blue lipstick that was rather intoxicating to think about, at the time)

They keep talking like the final version will be the 500cc motor that is already in the 500X.
I'm in!
[video=youtube;Cod4wiM1-yM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cod4wiM1-yM[/video]

This looks like Honda taking another stab at a Big Ruckus. The first try didn't go over well. The BR never had the cuteness of the little Ruckus (we own two). The Ruckus was all about looks. It never came close to have any off-road capability. This Bulldog looks like a continuation of that theme.

Back