• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hippo Hands

Enforcer

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered a pair of Hippo Hands from their website and learned that they are going out of business. Just a heads up for anyone interested in buying some before they are all gone if you are not already aware of this .

Yeah, I thought I would try some for the winter since I have never found anything that would keep my hands warm. I've had heated grips with hand guards, and electric gloves. I thought about trying some new battery operated gloves, but were expensive. I figured for $100.00 delivered I would give them a try and see how they work after seeing some positive comments by other satisfied members of the forum.

I do agree they are extremely ugly and dorky looking, but I'm at the point in my life I don't care what other people think. I'm much more concerned with function over appearance. No need for me to worry about style and the cool factor anymore.

Heck, next summer I might even start mowing the yard wearing my black dress socks and Bermuda shorts.

They are probably going out of business because of the competition. Several years ago, I bought some handlebar muffs from Ducks Unlimited for about $22. They work great.

If you search for ATV handlebar muffs, you'll find lots of choices with much lower prices than Hippo Hands.

Chris

I know nothing about this product but it may be an option. On sale for $25.

Gloves : KS603 - HAND PROTECTORS

View attachment 10278

Greg

They are probably going out of business because of the competition. Several years ago, I bought some handlebar muffs from Ducks Unlimited for about $22. They work great.

If you search for ATV handlebar muffs, you'll find lots of choices with much lower prices than Hippo Hands.

Chris

Yes agreed. $100?
A little too much?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I had a pair of hippo hands (probably copies of some sort, I called them 'bullwinkles') for my mountain bike a couple of decades back and they made bicycling all winter in Sun Valley Idaho a lot more comfortable. They're long gone and I've been looking for another pair for my NC, but am also concerned they will mash back against the levers at speed. Thanks for posting that link. those look similar (if smaller than I remember). Anybody else have any info on internal bracing on any of these doodads? I've actually thought about simply making a set, with maybe a little plastic bow/strut tied into the bar end to keep the fabric off the levers, but would rather spend 50$ to avoid the hassle of spending $100 worth of time and materials to have something 'custom' that doesn't work like I planned....

I used mine for the first time today, I also installed Trackside handguards which provide support for the HippoHands. I rode for 110 miles in below freezing temps with just the HH's and winter gloves and while my hands at times felt cool, they never felt anything like they did without them. In my opinion they're very well constructed and should last for quite some time.

photo2.jpg

I agree that there seem to be some less expensive alternatives than spending $100.00. I based my purchase decision on some of the private input I got from riders on this forum, who in some cases had years of actual experience using the Hippo Hands. In addition, a good pair of electric or battery operated gloves probably would have cost me twice as much.

If the Hippo Hands work for me and keep my hands warm, they will be worth every penny to me. Others certainly have some valid different points of view on the best way to keep your hands warm.

I've been using Hippo Hands for 2yrs. No more cold hands, period! Less hassle than electric gloves. My advice is buy them while you can.

Even if I had them, I couldn't use the Hippo Hands this week.
This was my house in Southern Indiana 2 days ago (30 miles north of Louisville Ky).

Back