• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout - AR

Fuzzy, now that you know where it is I expect to see you up there.
Mike
"NOW"? I lived in Hot Springs for 6 years and have made many trips on full length of rhe Clinton Memorial highway, AR7 (the crookedest road in the state ;) )

I would love to be there but date conflicts with seeing my granddaughter in Virginia with a bonus of my son performing in an air show. Even an NC gathering can't compete with grandaughter time. :)

Got my room reserved, downstairs in the back by the fire pit. All the downstairs room have king size beds and the rooms upstairs have doubles. Debbie said there is plenty of rooms still, but don't wait too long :D Mention the event name "Hillbilly Hangout" and it's all good. price is decent, 66 bucks a night.

Hope the weather holds out and we don't have any severe thunderstorms.........or I'm gonna be knocking on one of your doors.
Mike

Ain't no need to worry about weather, that is the weatherman's problem. If the weatherman can never get it right, we sure won't. Like NIKI says "Just Do It" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2.jpg

smileyconsider.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great trip I got a brewing here.

Night before leaving "Newclear Cowboyz" in Reliant Stadium. The next morning straight up US 59, then I30 for a small piece, and then "Scenic 7" all the way to Marble Falls, Arkansas. Slow pace back woods most of the way. Then, good part starts, when I get to sit back an follow the good forks from this forum through some real back woods. Can't wait, let's RIDE.

MoonShine.jpg7.jpg

SmileyTwoThumbs.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
It's not long. I look forward to seeing some NC folks. Too many good roads to do in one trip.......but we'll give it a try ;)
Mike

12 days to go! :D I'm really looking forward to this and might be able to take Friday off and get there early.

Looks like the weekend of the 18th will partly to mostly cloudy with some spotty chances for rain Saturday and temperatures will range from lows in the high 40s and highs in the mid 70s. See ya there!

Yes, it looks like my start in Kansas will be a might chilly! I've got an appointment this Friday for new tires as I am almost at 10K on the OEM tires and don't want to risk it. I should be arriving at the Hub mid-afternoon on Friday. Looking forward to it!

Looks like the weekend of the 18th will partly to mostly cloudy with some spotty chances for rain Saturday and temperatures will range from lows in the high 40s and highs in the mid 70s. See ya there!

I wouldn't get too excited about that forecast. It WILL change at least 7 times before next weekend. Impossible to give an accurate 4 day forecast......Chaos Theory says so. But, there isn't anything wrong with being positive ;)
Mike

I wouldn't get too excited about that forecast. It WILL change at least 7 times before next weekend. Impossible to give an accurate 4 day forecast......Chaos Theory says so. But, there isn't anything wrong with being positive ;)
Mike

Arkansas in the spring is chaos theory as far as the weather is concerned :D I have the 18th off and will stroll into the Hub around lunch time.

Arkansas in the spring is chaos theory as far as the weather is concerned :D I have the 18th off and will stroll into the Hub around lunch time.

I hope to be up there about 1:30 or so myself. I might swing by Low Gap for lunch. I don't think I would mind eating there two days in a row.
Mike

Dang! I like how this came together! I don't have my nc yet . But even if I did, I'm another doing granddaughter time the first week of May over in GA. Right after I hit the Tail of the Dragon area for a couple of days. Pretty sure I'm about to close the deal on the nc tomorrow. If/when I do, I'll be around to meet ya'.

BTW- Ark 7 and 23 two of my favorite all time drives!

Another Mike

Dang! I like how this came together! I don't have my nc yet . But even if I did, I'm another doing granddaughter time the first week of May over in GA. Right after I hit the Tail of the Dragon area for a couple of days. Pretty sure I'm about to close the deal on the nc tomorrow. If/when I do, I'll be around to meet ya'.

BTW- Ark 7 and 23 two of my favorite all time drives!

Another Mike

Hwy 7 and 23 are nice but they are not the best. Those are the two that are most commonly found in brochures and on web sites. C'mon up and we will show you our secret roads we try to keep to ourselves. Have to teach you the secret handshake first ;)
Mike

Back