• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hi, new guy here, first post.

NC7X

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a list of most of the bikes I can remember owning and trying really hard to make a decision. Will I like the NCX? There doesn't seem to be dealers close to me will to let me test drive, I have to sell my very clean stock 83 Suzuki GS1100E to afford the NC, if you can convince me that I can live without the HP of some of the others I've had I'll go for it. :) I'm thinking it will be on par speed wise with the '91 BMW 1000GS I had, HP and torque are pretty much the same. A couple of years ago I only had the Ruckus to ride and it made me crazy so I got the Kawasaki as a cheap way out to satisfy me, that didn't work for long so I got the Gs1100E going and it's fast and comfortable and clean but then I saw the Frunk. Is there something anyone can compare it to? *ARRRRGHH, HELP! Can't resist the Frunk! Thanks and hurry, I'm getting old :)

1-1971 R5 350
2- RD 400
1-Suzuki TS 185
1- XR 600
1-Moto Guzzi V50 Monza
2-XR 650L
1-CBR 600
1-Kawasaki 305
1-Suzuki 380
1-BMW R100GS
1-BMW 1100GS
1-BMW R1150R
1-CBR 900RR
1- 10 Kawasaki KLX 250SF
1-05 Honda Ruckus
1- 09 Kawasaki Z1000
1-83 Suzuki GS1100E

Last edited:
Greetings,
Boy the GS1100E is really a good machine. Probably from my view the XR650L has a lot of the same feel as the 700NCX, about the same power curve, and the NCX has about the same sitting position, maybe with the bars a bit higher on the NCX. The NCX revs quicker and is lots smoother, and seems to work best shifting around 4000 rpm's which which means your shifts are one right after another, and it seems to get right out and up to speed. Kind of nice how wide the power band is and you can move along in city traffic nicely in the top three gears. Like the XL the maintenance is easy. Has a large oil sump and being water cooled is easy on the oil. Even being a lot heaver than the XR650 it feels lighter. Extra fun to ride, the frunk is really great, lots of options for luggage. Seems to be easy to keep clean and I like the wheels and single disc front brake for that reason.

I'd own one even if it only got 50 mpg, so the 60 to 70 mpg is great.

Art

Thanks for the info Art. Sounds like a good compromise between the kawasaki 250 and the gs1100 I have. 70mpg is a bonus too, I don't think my 250 gets that unless it's babied but you have to trounce on the thing to get it up to speed quickly so there goes the mileage. It seems I'm always getting gas on those two, Suzuki gets about 40mpg and goes on reserve at 1/3 tank and the Kawasaki only holds 2 gallons and goes on reserve at 69 miles.

Last edited:
I was looking at the specs of my old BMW R100GS and it has almost the the exact hp and torque, gs has 46hp and 44lbs torque. Weight was almost exactly the same too at 460lbs. Honda NC 48 on the dyno. 0-60 in 4.8 and 1/4 mile 13.87? Now I know what it'll be like, not superfast but very useable, enough not to be run over on the freeway and probably good for a little bit of touring which I used to do on my GS a lot while loaded down pretty good.

Last edited:
I also had a R100gs, and thinking back, it felt a lot like the NC700X, but seemed to suffer from terrible aerodynamics. Head winds and speeds above 65 really brought the mpg down. Great bike though. I had the yellow and black, "bumble bee". Keep in mind that the Honda has 670 cc's compared to the BMW's 1000, so it is going to not have as much top end, 90 to 110 mph, as the BMW, but that is where the traffic citations become a real posibility.

Art

Hello
I cannot support that you sell your bike to buy the NCX.
The NCX is a great bike at a great price. I would advise that you must try it out for yourself to decide whether you will like it.
Even if you have to buy it first (without selling anything) and then decide later whether to keep it.
For many of us, it is not the HP, it is the Nm (torque) at low revs which won the battle of decision. And the X looks great too? yes?
:p

The reason I puchased the NC 700X was that I was tired of my KLR 650 (too tall for me and not very comfortable) and my Ninja was getting a little too long in the tooth. I liked the look of the X even though I would not recommend going too far off the beaten path. The price was great as well as the unmatched mileage for that size motor. The power is good and smooth if not overwelming and the "frunk" was a great feature, love the frunk. I have only had mine since last fall and have enjoyed the comfort and vibe of the bike. It is comfortable for a long ride and very easy to ride smoothly. The motor's personnality suits my current style of riding (getting too old for the sportbike thing).

I guess I didn't read this as a question, as to sell his Suzuki, rather as a request for information. As far as test rides go, they do sell machines, but I have never felt they would really answer all my questions about a motorcycle over the long run, same goes for magazine test, but with magazine tests the machines are generally put through a more extensive and longer amount of riding. I for one do not have the dessire to have a garage full of machines. Some photos and the memories are enough. Now test riding a used machine, without a warranty is another thing.

Art

Obviously a test ride can not answer all the questions regarding long term ownership. That like a marriage comes with no guarantees however a good length test ride can give one a good idea of how they relate to a bike. My dealer will let the prospective buyer have the demo for 1-2 hours and if the are still undecided but seem genuinely interested then they can have it for half a day or even a whole day in some cases. I did over 200 miles on the Crossrunner demo before deciding

Back