• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hi from the UK

ticktocker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I was directed here by another member from Advrider and thought I should introduce myself. I'm from the supposedly Sunny south Coast of England and have been riding off and on (125s) since 2003. Last year I finally got my full license out the way and bought a 1994 CBR 600 with 25,000 miles (which later turned out to be 125,000). Along the way I was given a 1987 VT700C Shadow (US import) which is currently laid up pending some serious electrical tomfoolery. And after almost a year of 75 mile daily commutes all year round the Sea Bear is being retired to live out her golden years as a sunny summertime toy leaving me needing another bike to put through our varied weather, and lengthy trips to the country side.

I was all set with a very short list until I stumbled upon the NC700 on adv, and long story short...

My NC750X in red will be in my grubby palms a day or two after the adventure pack for it arrives at the dealer!

Hopefully I'll be able to take her a few places even the mighty CBR wouldn't go (and it was always surprising just where it WOULD go).

Welcome. You're going to love it. Just don't expect it to ride like the CBR. She won't wind up like the 600 will.

"CONGRATS" on the new bike and "Welcome Aboard". You're in good company. Greetings from SoCal USA...

You've made a wise decision with going with "NC". You will soon find yourslef "Farkling Out" the bike to meet your needs and wants. Your in a great place to find most of those farkle items you want, as many of them come the UK.

In the meantime, say "Hello" to NaNCy...

Attachments

• NC700X_1.jpg
    NC700X_1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 231
Ah Surrey - you're not far from where I'm working (Midhurst, West Sussex). I'm currently beavering about on an OS map planning some lunchtime rides - my buddy came off his Tiger last week so we've resolved we'll treat the two of them to some "proper" roads as soon as he's healed up (they reckon 5-6 months) - so that gives me plenty of time to recce everywhere from Penzance to Ramsgate!

And really thanks for the warm welcome guys, it's nice to feel a part of something!

Last edited:
So I picked her up on Friday, pics to follow. I'm a third of the way to her first service already, which means only about 90 miles of being overly gentle. I've hit a couple of unsealed roads, though with today's downpours the one up a hill alongside a quarry was, um, interesting!

So far fuel consumption is great, the side panniers will be coming off tonight as I always worry I'll snag them when I'm filtering (lane splitting if you're from the colonies) and since I have nearly 80 miles a day of commuting, I do that a lot.

The only two faults I've found so far are windscreen related. In the horrific rain we've had on the run to Brighton this morning, it was starting to spray into my face from under the screen when I slowed down (though really the rain had to be seen to be believed, it's no fault of the bike) - the other is the wind. I'm 5'10" and the wind blast just hits the top vents on my HJC and sounds similar to being in an aircraft on its take off roll. Ear plugs make it manageable, but I'll pick up a screen deflector when I get paid, as from a hand test, I only need to move the air up an inch to clear it completely!

Last edited:
As promised, I have finally gotten around to getting a couple of pictures of her from the camera!

NWNDan (1 of 2).jpg

NWNDan (2 of 2).jpg

Not long after this, I chanced the uphill path to the left of the first picture to try and get a view of the cement works from the top. It was a (very) twisty grass and mud track, less than an hour after torrential rain, and then I got halfway up only to find a tunnel into the hill that was gated off (I think...) and a man hanging his washing on the line making a very definitive gesture which I interpreted as "Sod off back down the hill".

Well these things are put there to test us - though I think my Mrs would be narked if I prang my bike 3 days after I pick it up!

Solentbiker - I was born in Gosport, managed to escape to Devon for 5 years, and then ended up back. You can never escape...

Back