• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hi from Monrovia Maryland

Ishkatan

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding 2 years / 7000 miles on a used Honda Silverwing maxi-scooter. Considering a NC700x automatic vs. V-strom 650 ABS vs. used FJR 1300AE (Semi Automatic) vs. used Goldwing...

The Silverwing is very nice - comfortable, room for 2 helmets under the seat, low center of gravity. But it is not so good off road or on rough roads and while I've had it at 94+ I don't like the feel above 70 - bigger wheels would be nice. I would like something that can a) go on dirt / gravel roads b) has a smoother ride over potholes c) is good for long highway rides at 80 mph. I've done 125 miles at a shot on the Silverwing and it was comfortable but I am hesitant to run at 70+ for 3 hrs.

I want ABS and an automatic with override would be nice on my next bike. I plan to do some rentals before buying. Already rented the NC700x manual and it was nice but I got a little bit of vibration in the fork when passing a truck on the highway. Not sure if this is normal or the rental was worn. I plan to rent again.

Welcome to the forum! I've blasted my NCX down gravel/Dirt roads and it handled them well. The Vstrom is a great bike, but won't beat the NCX in fuel mileage or Low center of gravity.

The Silverwing will also loose to the NCX in fuel mileage and gravel roads department.

Both the Silverwing and Vstom win in the seat department. The longest ride I've been on is 374 miles on my NCX and my ass was killing me! It can handle speeds at 80 easily though, but I don't like tickets.

After the seat, my biggest complaint the NCX has is the plastics. Not fun to take apart and put back together. Good luck with yor search!

Back