• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Here To Stay

Billy Budd

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I was going to trade in the NC700X today on a different bike. First it was a Yamaha Super Tenere, too much money and a very heavy bike, then a Suzuki V Strom 650 Adventure. We were very close. Then I checked the insurance, it would be more than my Goldwing and NC700X combined. I think I just will make it a little more trail worthy and keep the extra money. FYI the insurance on the V-Strom would be $458 a year and the NC700X is $171 for full coverage. It pays to be old sometimes. Soooo you all are stuck with me for a while. I talked to HONDABIKEPRO on what mods I want to do................Thanks

Well I was going to trade in the NC700X today on a different bike. First it was a Yamaha Super Tenere, too much money and a very heavy bike, then a Suzuki V Strom 650 Adventure. We were very close. Then I checked the insurance, it would be more than my Goldwing and NC700X combined. I think I just will make it a little more trail worthy and keep the extra money. FYI the insurance on the V-Strom would be $458 a year and the NC700X is $171 for full coverage. It pays to be old sometimes. Soooo you all are stuck with me for a while. I talked to HONDABIKEPRO on what mods I want to do................Thanks

I would bet the NCX would be better than the Strom. With the proper mods of course. Glad your staying!! Gotta love that S-10 though!

Billy Budd, what insurance company are you insured with? I'm getting quotes of $300-400/year for full coverage with Allstate and Progressive. Thanks

bloody hell I thought we got rid of buddy
Whistle.gif

you did the right thing and good your still wiv us!
WinkWink.gif

Awesome! We can expect more posts then?

Yes, What is strange is I talked to the salesman and came up with numbers on the deal, I told him I would talk to my wife and call him back. I called twice within the hour and got an answering machine, and no one called me back. They came awful close to catching me with a new bike woody. Strange way to do business. I am off to the Mountains of New Mexico to play with my Rhino.................Back Sunday night.

le7pK2O.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I was a looking forward to him taking that Avatar with him. It reminds me of this 1st Class Petty Officer that had it in for me when I was in the Navy. Haunts me every time I get on the forum!

Well, I was a looking forward to him taking that Avatar with him. It reminds me of this 1st Class Petty Officer that had it in for me when I was in the Navy. Haunts me every time I get on the forum!

Interesting, My son is a First Class Petty Officer in the Navy............Hmmmm

My insurance doubled when I removed my Vstrom and added the NC !!.
$230 .. Vstrom
$525..NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 1000,if I had a 650 I would probably still have it.It had some problems FROM the factory and I refused to pay to fix them when Suzuki should have fixed them.I put 50,000 miles on it in 4+ years and all in all it was a good bike.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362077672.025391.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep the NC700, and get a CRF250L. It will do a lot more off road/ dirt road than either the V-Strom, or "any" of the heavy weight adventure bikes, and you will enjoy the riding. Second choice buy a good used single dual sport. I put 15000 miles on a DR350 Suzuki riding all over the woods out of ShowLow, AZ. It never let me down, even when asked to get back home the fast way on the interstate.

Insurance on the dual sports really cheap.

Art

Back