• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hepco & Becker Skid Plate

My local dealer said can't but I managed to contact one oversea seller which indicates that the plate are the same for both dct and non dct model. Hence got to go asking around to see if anyone fitted their hepco becker plate on dct.

the dct model has a shift motor and support rails on the left side, and has a oil filter and eop sensors, these all have to be protected , the skid plate has to come way back to cover these. it would have to be a different plate to completely protect these parts, i am still waiting for a dct to finish making my plate for it. i had a customers dct for one day but that was not long enough to complete one. dale

that is why my skid plate is drilled the way it is, the cat and oil pan, and engine cases must have air flow, the header opening in my plate helps cool the pipe, and o2 sensor,and the cat makes allot of heat.

Guess I hadn't seen the holes properly. Thanks!

My local dealer said can't but I managed to contact one oversea seller which indicates that the plate are the same for both dct and non dct model. Hence got to go asking around to see if anyone fitted their hepco becker plate on dct.

Just FYI,

After getting ''We do not have any information about products for that model." from a H&B supplier in the US, I decided to check with H&B in Germany directly and got this very polite reply back today:

"Unfortunately there is nothing planned for the automatic version of the Honda NC 700XD.
You are the first person who asks for this model.
It depends on the future request for this type of bike. At the moment I’m not able to help you.
I’m really sorry."

I was planning to go with Dale anyway, but wanted to know my options. H&B is not currently one for the DCT.

They figure if you can't shift, then you probably don't have the manual dexterity to use a water hose and you wouldn't take your bike in the dirt anyway... LOL

Totally kidding on that!!

They figure if you can't shift, then you probably don't have the manual dexterity to use a water hose and you wouldn't take your bike in the dirt anyway... LOL

Totally kidding on that!!

Hey, I should be OK so long as no one turns on the water; otherwise, all bets are off!:)

DanWill -

How's your plate holding up after a couple of months? Any issues with the upper front where it's close to the exhaust? I installed mine on Saturday and there's already a discolored spot about the size of a nickle were it's closest the head pipe.

Thanks,
Chris

No, have not had an issue with the plate so far. Have some good scrape marks underneath but no damage to it or the bike. I had mine powdercoated before adding it to the bike, so I wouldn't see any discoloration from heat if
there was any. Surprised you had that problem. Just pull it off and drop it off at the local powdercoater, it looks better in black anyway! :)

I've had my plate on for over a month now. I would never say that the Hepco & Becker Skid Plate is any better than any other skid plate out there. But, I hit the H&B plate real hard about 4 times on my Alaska trip, and it did the job. I did paint mine with Rust-Oleum textured black paint, just think that made it look a lot better. I have no complaints.

No, have not had an issue with the plate so far. Have some good scrape marks underneath but no damage to it or the bike. I had mine powdercoated before adding it to the bike, so I wouldn't see any discoloration from heat if
there was any. Surprised you had that problem. Just pull it off and drop it off at the local powdercoater, it looks better in black anyway! :)

hmm... How close is yours to the pipe? Mine is almost touching, 1/16" away maybe less. It seemed really odd to me when I put it on but I don't think it's possible to install wrong, unless my front mounts were mislabeled for L & R. but it bolted right on without issue.

Just wanted to add to this thread. The representative for Hepco & Becker at the AIMExpo told me (while we were looking at their demo NC700X bike) that they going to release a DCT skid plate in the coming month or so. He didn't know any details other than it saw it in an internal list of forthcoming items. I hope he was right, though I prefer HondaBikePro's version if/when. ;-)

I have clobbered my Hepco & Becker skid plate a number of times now. All I can say is that it works. Painted mine textured black, just looks better I think. This way every time I hit something just a little paint hides it.

I have clobbered my Hepco & Becker skid plate a number of times now. All I can say is that it works. Painted mine textured black, just looks better I think. This way every time I hit something just a little paint hides it.

Do you have any photos of your bike with the H&B plate? Thinking about getting one soon.

Well I hate to bring up a old thread but I just ordered one of these plates and have one major grumble.
On motomachines.com they say it is made of 5mm thick aluminum but upon arrival it is not 5mm thick.
Actually after measuring it is not even 3mm thick (2.97mm to be exact.)
That's pretty lame and had I known this I would have likely gone with the SW-motech plate.
I suppose I could add some material to it if I need to but I guess I will run it as is and fix it when it if it gets beat up.

I'm guessing it was at one time (maybe), and later production runs got hit by a bean counter type. I just measured my WR250R's skid plate and it's ~3.5mm thick; with its bends, welds, and mounting points anything thicker than that would probably be wasted even on a 500-pound machine. It's still got no significant dents but a lot of gouges. Hopefully you will be fine for years to come...

Back