• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help! Rear-view mirror

werdigo

Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to mount a new Givi hand protector, I have the right rear-view mirror off the bike but there are two abutting 14 mm nuts that probably come apart. No success so far, and you can see I've already burred them a little. First, DO they come apart, and (second) advice as to HOW?

DSC01139c.jpg

they usually use a thread lock stuff on mirrors. really hard to unscrew. you might need a vise or something to take it apart.

Thanks! The reverse threads would certainly explain it. And of course the thread-lock compound doesn't help with the disassembly. Well, back to the task after lunch!

OK!... sort of. With the reverse-thread information, a vise, and a nice 6-point deep 14mm socket those nuts came apart --- well, not "easily," but maybe "readily." I now have the handguards installed, ;but am finding it tough to get both the mirrors and the handguard brackets tight simultaneously. One or the other, but not both. I suppose it's just a matter of fiddling with the mirror shaft and those right- and left-threaded nuts and bolts.

Last edited:
Back