• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from California

JDE

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
Just got my new NC700X yesterday. Pretty excited to be back on two wheels again. Haven't riden since last year when a truck almost took me out and totalled my V-Rod. Figured this time I'd get something a little more practical.

Hi JDE Welcome to the forum. I'm Glad that it was only your HD that got toalled and that you are still around to tell the tale.
Better luck with the NC
Thank you! Me too. It was a painful lesson in life to learn, but at least I was able to walk away with no broken bones. Definately going with ATGATT from now on!

Welcome to the forum JD! Glad your able to ride again! The NC is much more nimble then you old V-Rod, and better on the wallet. In lots of ways!:cool:
Thanks. Yes it's been almost a full year since the accident. (on my wifes birthday to make things worse) but she's finally come around and said she's ok with me getting another as she knows I've learned from my experience and been doing my homework to find this bike.

Hi JD
welcome to this forum.
Happy to see that you are enjoying your new NCX.
~Joe
Thank you

Ouch, hope you were ok? V rods are beautiful classy bikes.

Yeah, I was able to get up and walk around after the accident until I started to go into shock that is. Then I had to lay down, but I had my helmet on and a mesh riding jacket. The padding in the elbow of the jacket saved me from shattering my elbow, it got bruised pretty bad but nothing broke except for my skin. Besides the jacket and helmet I was only wearing jeans for pants and some steel toe work boots. Going down at 60mph, jeans don't do much for you at all. Got some nasty road rash on my legs and on my torso where the jacket had rode up. Spent 4 days in the hospital for observation and treatment for the road rash. Which meant basically treating me like a burn victim as the road rash gave me 2nd degree burns from the friction of trading skin with the pavement. So thankfully besides some visual scars on my legs and torso I'm doing just fine now.

Yes, the V-Rod was a sexy bike. Plenty of power and a nice sound and the only HD with modern technology (liquid cooled engine). Loved that bike, but like FlaNC700X stated it cost more to purchase and maintain and most people at the HD dealerships are d1cks. Everybody at the Honda dealership near my house has been very nice and nowhere near as pushy to make a sale.

Thanks again for all the welcomes to the forums here. Looking forward to getting to know some more people who ride. Also looking forward to seeing this community grow. Funny thing, while I was purchase the one NC700X my local dealer had on his showroom some one else was calling to see if he had one in stock!

JDE from CA!! Welcome back to the biking world. Great hearing from you on the forum. I look forward to conversing with you, and wish you miles of fun on your Nc700...

Glad to hear you are ok as well. Wanted to introduce myself as a fellow Cali rider. I'm down in Marina del Rey near LAX. Just picked up the bike on 8/4, and loving it so far. Coming most recently from a 2008 SYM HD200 scooter. Love the scooter for my lifestyle, but with the front storage on the NC700X, I get the same storage capabilities, but more highway power as well! Looking forward to learning more about what everyone else is doing to their bikes!

Glad to hear you are ok as well. Wanted to introduce myself as a fellow Cali rider. I'm down in Marina del Rey near LAX. Just picked up the bike on 8/4, and loving it so far. Coming most recently from a 2008 SYM HD200 scooter. Love the scooter for my lifestyle, but with the front storage on the NC700X, I get the same storage capabilities, but more highway power as well! Looking forward to learning more about what everyone else is doing to their bikes!

Welcome! I used to live down in SoCal when I was younger, Lakewood and Torrance areas. Up in the Central Valley area now.

Back