• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello, all interested honda NT700v owner here

ataraxia

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I hail from New Hampshire USA. I own a 2010 NT700v (deauville) and commute daily 50 miles , (when its above freezing). I am very interested in the NC but American Honda is doing their usual terrible job of promoting the bike. I am here to hear what y'all have to say about the NC.
Thanks for having me,
Leo

Hello everyone,
I hail from New Hampshire USA. I own a 2010 NT700v (deauville) and commute daily 50 miles , (when its above freezing). I am very interested in the NC but American Honda is doing their usual terrible job of promoting the bike. I am here to hear what y'all have to say about the NC.
Thanks for having me,
Leo

Hello Leo.
I just joined yesterday, can't pretend to speak for everyone here, but by way of comparison I'd be interested to know about your experience with the NT700V. Why would you want to switch? What sort of gas mileage are you getting on the 50 mile commute? What sort of RPMs are you clocking at highway speeds and what are highway speeds in New Hampshire these days? Is it buzzy? Do you get wind turbulence?
ThanX! - Kameltaz

I am considering switching because of the panniers on the NT. they are a constant source of grief, and I want a bike that is fun. The NT gets 55 mpg around town and on my commute. On the highway it gets 60 mpg. At 65 mph the revs are around 4500. It's a little buzzy compared to a inline 4. But I like twins and the buzz is cool. With the windscreen all the way up, it's great onthe highway. Today it was 45 degrees F out and my torso and neck were warm. The helmet is in the wind , but I like that. Plus in hot weather the screen goes down and behaves like a sport bike. To get back to why I want to be rid of it; the #%^* panniers - they also interfere with the pillion riders feet so severely that she want no part of riding with me. Did I mention they always break or refuse to open? Yeah I want Honda reliability , and the NT is all Montesa! I want a bike built in Japan. The Spanish b@$&@ must GO!
Leo

The Nt has pannier issues that detract from the bike and make me angry enough to trade it. Don't get one they are not Hondas , they are montesa's spanish junk.

NT700v Red. Leo.

What specifically is the issue with the panniers? I have never heard there were problems with those. Is the NT mfg in Spain? Are you also experiencing quality issues?

The pannier latch system is prone to catastrophic failure. The nt owners forum has countless threads on the topic. My left pan latch broke off after only 2 months! Other owners have had them fail closed and could not open them, and couldn't get the seat off either. They also interfere with the passengers feet. American Honda refuses to release a service bulletin even after all the warranty claims. There are a lot of bad feelings over the panniers. The nt is built in Spain, or was until recently.

NT700v Red. Leo.

Hi

The NC700X and S are all made in Japan, and the quality of finish is very high (for this price range).
I bought one after just 1 ride, considering the value I get for this price.
I hope you will also decide wisely.
Hope to hear from you soon.

:D

The pannier latch system is prone to catastrophic failure. The nt owners forum has countless threads on the topic. My left pan latch broke off after only 2 months! Other owners have had them fail closed and could not open them, and couldn't get the seat off either. They also interfere with the passengers feet. American Honda refuses to release a service bulletin even after all the warranty claims. There are a lot of bad feelings over the panniers. The nt is built in Spain, or was until recently.

NT700v Red. Leo.

I've owned a 650 and 700 and found that when properly adjusted the catches worked OK, so long as you don't 'slam' them! Occasionally they wouldn't lock when the catch didn't reset itself, but that was easy to sort.

On the 700 the rear seat catch is in the pannier, so when the pannier catch doesn't want to co-operate, it needs some careful thought. In my case it was a piece of stick and a strategically placed block of polystyrene under the seat, with a groove, that helped guide the stick through the vent at the front of the left hand pannier to open the pannier catch. It works!

The only reason I changed my lovely red Deauville was that it was just too tall a bike for me and was getting to be a little top heavy for me to push around. My CBF1000 is easier to push, and has a lower seat - the fact that it has so much more power is purely incidental:rolleyes: and if you believe that......

Hi Ken, how tall are you? I am asking because you mentioned several times this was a small open issue ?

I am 168 but I still took the X .

:)

5'7" with a 30" inside leg - I'll let you convert that into cms....:rolleyes:

Bear in mind I've exceeded the 'three score and ten' years Shakespeare refers to, and am not as strong as I used to be, so need to get both feet flat on the ground on the flat, so that I have a chance of holding the bike up when on a steep camber. :mad:

I have been using NTV Deavilles (2x650 1x 700) for my daily commute for over 10 years I decided that I fancied a change and something lighter. So far I have done 2000+ miles on the NC700X and I'm really happy with it

The Deaville is abotu 236kg while the NCX is about 228kg. Is this really a difference in terms of weight for the 2 bikes? I also wonder, why is the NC so heavy? I mean, it "looks" like under 200kg.

The Deaville is abotu 236kg while the NCX is about 228kg. Is this really a difference in terms of weight for the 2 bikes? I also wonder, why is the NC so heavy? I mean, it "looks" like under 200kg.

Although the difference in weights isn't as great as we might think - the centre of gravity is much lower, making it an easier bike to wheel around, so it feels a lot lighter. (The Deauville is more top heavy, and many of us have joined the 'SAD' club (stopped and dropped).:eek:

Rev Ken is absolutely correct about how the difference in weight feels. Happily I didn't join the SAD club as the only time I dropped the DV was when I was negotiating a roundabout and a woman drove her car onto it and straight into the left rear of my bike

I agree with you both. I understand and agree with the CG position logic. I had a BMW R1100R with low boxer config.:DHowever I still don't understand why our NCX weighs in at a hefty 218kg, when it LOOKS less.Are they using HEAVY METALS?:p

So, does anyone know when I will be able to buy an NC700X in New York? One dealer said "this June" the other said "no, no it'll be 2013 before we get those in!"

What the hell?

After around 11 years of using Deauvilles as the NT700V is known in the UK for my 76 mile round trip to work each day I decided I fancied a change. Two of the deauvilles were in fact 650s and the last a 700. I have no regrets in choosing the NC700X as the replacement although I do sometimes miss the shaft drive and extra weather protection. As I have no car licence (I'm only 65 years old so plenty of time for that) the NC has to provide all my transport needs with the exception of leisure riding for which I have my Honda VFR800X Crossrunner

Back