• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heidenau/Pirelli Combo?

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody used a Pirelli MT60R on the front and a Heidenau K60 Scout rear tire on the NC700X? I'm looking for a good combo on gravel and blacktop, but don't really want full knobbies on the TKC80.

Has anyone ran this combo? I would use a Pirelli on the back but the combination of the soft compound and my weight would result in a very short tire life.

Thanks and it looks like Spring is finally here!

belrix

Thanks for the feedback! Do you ride on gravel much?

bw

Not as much as I would like however, I have ridden on gravel with both the stock tires, dropped it twice for having the front wheel slide out from under me on loose gravel stopping, and on this combo without incident. This combo also works very well on pavement. If you are going to spend a lot of time on gravel, get something on the front with a more aggressive knobby. My brother runs the K60s front and back on his BMW and takes it into some really stupid places so far without significant problems. The K60 front is too big for the NC though.

Thanks again for the reply!

I would love it if Heidenau would make a 120/70-17 K60 front tire!

I believe this combo will work and wear decently, just need the money!

Back