• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heck yeah I got the 22,000 mile coolant leak!!

I'm over 40k, no leak, and expecting to _not_ have any. I don't necessarily use Honda coolant, either.

'Auto' coolant does not necessarily have silicate anti-corrosion ingredients. In fact, these days most does not. Honda specifies a couple things in the manuals for coolant, and plain old Prestone meets what Honda says it needs. Use whatever you like, but don't confuse the issue.

Keep in mind there are alot of owners not here on the forum and out of the 8 here on Craigslist not one have over 6,000 miles on them. The water pump is ordered and on back order so who knows when it will be here.

384c51b57a7308cbaa75f5e68a579b6d.jpg

Couldn't get Honda coolant without traveling over a hundred miles so I used this instead works great and I got two gallons after 50/50 with adding water for a little more then the price of a quart of Honda pre mixed

The main criteria is whether the AF contains silicates or not. Can't tell from that bottle's label. Maybe is says on the back.

The main criteria is whether the AF contains silicates or not. Can't tell from that bottle's label. Maybe is says on the back.
Yeah I checked the bottle and manufactures website to make sure it had everything it was supposed to. Like I said I also have used this for coolant 12-16k miles and it's worked great so far no problems

I did have a leak once. My fault of course. I changed my oil checked and adjusted my valves and when buttoning everything up I forgot my valve cover breather tube off and it spit a small amount of oil for the next 150 miles and it got oil on my upper house clamp, lubricated the vibration of riding was enough to loosen the hose clamp enough for it to leak coolant out

Yeah I checked the bottle and manufactures website to make sure it had everything it was supposed to. Like I said I also have used this for coolant 12-16k miles and it's worked great so far no problems

So far being the key words ......if it contains silicates. If it does not specifically say non silicate it very likely has them.

I just checked on the data sheet of the product and it doesn't contain any silicates.
LINK
I couldn't get the link to work that you posted or the first one that I posted lol. I'm still a rookie at this forum stuff. My second link I posted works

His link worked for me. Here is the relevant section for this thread.

Pentofrost A2 does not contain any silicate, borate,
nitrite or amine containing additives since these
may harm your Asian vehicle. Do not mix with other
coolants (especially silicated coolants), as this may
cause gel formation and clog your radiator.

I have 3 honda cars and my NCX. I only use Honda Coolant. It is silica free and premixed. Haven't had to replace the radiator or the water pump on any of my cars yet. Oldest car is an 11 year old Acura MDX with 135K miles. It's not much more expensive to use the honda coolant and I believe it saves you money in the long run.

I have 3 honda cars and my NCX. I only use Honda Coolant. It is silica free and premixed. Haven't had to replace the radiator or the water pump on any of my cars yet. Oldest car is an 11 year old Acura MDX with 135K miles. It's not much more expensive to use the honda coolant and I believe it saves you money in the long run.
Did you know they all have the same oil filter
ceeded0d9fcabea34512c8ada5e4490a.jpg

Even the NCX[emoji1]

The S2k filter will fit them all and work very well (properly).

Even antifreeze/coolant with silicate anti-corrosion systems will only rarely cause trouble with Japanese cooling systems. Changing it regularly (on the Honda bike schedule, ironically) will nearly always prevent silicate build-up of the sort that will wear water pump bearings or seals. That's the 'issue' with Japanese systems & silicate corrosion inhibitors. Interestingly, the same issue can/will afflict any cooling system if the stuff isn't changed or flushed sufficiently frequently.

The Honda couple S2000 is what I was talking about, it has a different oil filter then every other Honda I've checked.
I don't know about the coolant personally but I've read of people having problems after 10-15k miles that's as bad as using the wrong Trani fluid in a automatic

Last edited:
must be a Honda thing. Civic=new timing chain and water pump every 75k. What year is yours btw?

Last edited:
Back