• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heated Grips

Pic of the OEM grip heater control. Red light blinks the heat level for about 15 sec and then just goes solid. Push button to change level (3-2-1-off)

P1000539_zpsc6a25787.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I will say that the OEM heated grips are far more even heat wise than any of the aftermarket ones I have tried. The elements that are just coils on paper (like the cheapo Trackside ones) will dump most of the left grip heat into the handlebar. I have had several versions on my enduro bike; wrapping the bar in tape and then laying the heating element over it mitigated it some of the loss but it was really apparent either way.

Great thread but I'm still wondering where you get the power for the grips - is the power run up to the end of the bar or do you have to fish to get it. anyone have a link?

I want to get ready for winter!

Thanks Guys

Great thread but I'm still wondering where you get the power for the grips - is the power run up to the end of the bar or do you have to fish to get it. anyone have a link?

I want to get ready for winter!

Thanks Guys

If your question is in reference to the OEM heated grips, here is a link to the installation instructions. http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08T70-MGS-A30.pdf

You would need to strip the whole left side of the bike's plastics to install them if done per the instructions.

Last edited:
I have the Oxford grips on my 2015, installed last Fall ... they're terrific. The "new" model has a 5 step switch, and a "Battery Saving Mode" sensor that shuts the system off (if you don't), and it's worked every time. I think they are great, easy to install, and waaayyy cheaper than the OEMs.

If your question is in reference to the OEM heated grips, here is a link to the installation instructions. http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08T70-MGS-A30.pdf

You would need to strip the whole left side of the bike's plastics to install them if done per the instructions.

Thanks 670 i just did find the manual - wow looks a bit complicated for being pre-wired - would have been nice if Honda ran the harness to the switch panels on the bar.

Thanks for the reply!

Mike

I have the Oxford grips on my 2015, installed last Fall ... they're terrific. The "new" model has a 5 step switch, and a "Battery Saving Mode" sensor that shuts the system off (if you don't), and it's worked every time. I think they are great, easy to install, and waaayyy cheaper than the OEMs.
+1 My Oxfords have been fantastic. I can rarely use them higher than 50%, they get too hot.

+2 on the Oxford grips. I got the "older" model 2 years ago for $50 new and they have performed flawlessly. Heat is even on both sides. I almost never run them at 100% power, and then only briefly to speed up the warming. The older style still has the low voltage shut off feature.

Back