• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heated grips

I have heated grips on my KLR and hand guards. They work pretty well. The left heater loses more heat to the bar than the right but overall it makes a me a much happier commuter. I'm in the process of installing grip heaters on our NC 700s and was wondering where those that have them mounted their switches. Did any of you use a relay?

Relay controlled power to the grips is really a critical part of the install...........direct connection to the battery will almost guarantee the grips will get left on some day and a dead battery will be the result, and it happen at the worst possible time. And a fuel injected bike may not responded to push start.

I had the "muff" covers from a previous bike and found them unusable on the NC thanks to the design of the horn button; I couldn't signal a right turn without beeping the horn most of the time.

Had a set of Kijima heated grips installed and even through insulated gloves I can feel the heat. Can't run them on the highest setting because it gets too hot to hold onto. What was supposed to be a forty minute to one hour install at the shop ended up taking three and a half hours, as the mechanic had never worked on an NC before and had a hell of a time with it. No extra charge on the shop time and they knocked twenty percent off the grips for making me wait so long.

I don't know how I stood the winter without them before.

Back