• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heated gear capacity

I would love to learn more about heated gear.
My daughter uses her mom's First Gear pants and jacket. 1st time she used it was the day after we picked up 2012 NC700X down in Lafayette, LA. and we were riding it home in mid April. Riding from 8 am to 3 pm in 58F weather in Arkansas. She was cold to the core. Got out her mom's gear (which she has now appropriated) and put it on. Told her never to plug it in until she was ready to start the bike and go. She started the bike and plugged in. I was putting my helmet on and she suddenly exclaimed... Wow, this is like sitting in a hot tub.
No more cold issues as we continued to Northern Illinois.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The main advantage is less bulk. Don't have to pack as much stuff if long distance touring where there will be lot's of temperature change. i.e, mountains to deserts to coasts.
You don't have as many layers so you can move better and easier. My muscles are warm so they don't tense or knot up after hours in the cold. Even at 58 to 60F this can be big. Remember you control the heat just a little on cooler days or a lot on that day you get caught by a weather front moving in that the weatherman said wasn't going to be there until 4 days from now. It is also a safety factor. I believe if you are warmer you react faster and don't get as fatigued by the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm riding here in Central Washington in temps below 40 F.
I use Warm 'n' Safe socks/pants/jacket and have heated grips. 2013 DCT is my ride. It all works great.
I do turn the jacket and pants off if I'm just creeping along.
Voltmeter will go on the bike later this winter; I'm riding until the snow falls.
Warm 'n' Safe makes FirstGear heated gear. I have a wireless FirstGear heat troller which works quite well.
I love having the heated gear. The bike handles it easily.

Back