• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Has anyone removed the silver panels on a 45 liter top box?

smiller

Reaction score
Visit site
I have searched high and low for a pure black 45 L top box for my NC700XD but the only part number I can find (08L55-EWL-100E) seems to be for the one with silver side panels. I've even searched Japanese parts sites but can't come up with any other number. It seems strange that the panniers are available in both black and silver but not the top box? Anyway it seems the only choice available to me has the silver panels so I'm wondering if anyone has removed them and if there are any cosmetic issues created by doing so?

Thanks -

I didn't actually follow through with removing them but I tried once when I was Plasti-Dipping my bike and luggage to match. They are held on by a 2 or 4 bolts and double sided sticky tape, lots of it. I didn't want to risk breaking the plastic pieces or dealing with cleaning up the sticky tape and putting on new tape when finished. So I just tapped it off as best I could.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It would be easy to Plasti Dip it without removing it.
Once removed, they would leave a recess that IMO would be hideous.
If you check the Parts for sale forum, you may find a used one, soon (hint):cool:

Back