• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Harley-Davidson unveils new Street 500 and Street 750

They managed to make a very ugly bike there, IMO.

Greg

Last edited:
I like the look of the bike (but then I also own a Suzuki cruiser), except for the radiator grill and those god ugly fork covers (take them off quick). If the HD xr1200 had been an xr750 (like the bike the 1200 was copied from) I would have bought one. Don't want 1000cc+ bikes, never have, never will. I like the less than 1000cc bikes.

I believe this move is a vital one, to pull in new young riders, which will lead to future revenue stream. The idea is great but the execution is horrible. The price tag and performance is friendly to new riders. But I doubt 20 to 30 something rider would choose the Street 500/750 over a number of excellent "beginner friendly" bikes with terrific price point. Just to name a few - new SV650, Yamaha bolt, Honda CB500 lines, FZ-09, KTM Duke, Ninjalettes.

Unless people are set on the HD badge, I am not too optimistic with the HD Street line. nevertheless, it's a noble first attempt.

In a rather ironic twist (to me, anyway) I am getting flashbacks to when Honda first started to dip it's toe in the cruiser market, obviously trying to closely follow whatever it is that makes Harleys appealing.

Those first tentative stabs at "cruiser" had some definite oddball looking things going on, slowly refined over time. Now it feels like Harley is making the exact same fledgling steps, trying to reverse copy what the first Japanese copies of their own cruisers looked like. It's very amusing to contemplate the big circle. :D

Harley does NOT know how to make a good looking radiator, (yet) I will say that. And great Scott! Those fork gaiters are just horrifying, lol :eek:

HD just needs to partner with Sons of Anarchy, slap some SOA stickers on it, and watch as the Starbucks parking lot fills with these things.

HD just needs to partner with Sons of Anarchy, slap some SOA stickers on it, and watch as the Starbucks parking lot fills with these things.

Same thing with triumph. If they would put Walking Dead logos on their cruises they would sell fast and chopped quickly. I love that show. FYI Daryl rides an old triumph.

Gigs

I've watched the first maybe 4-5 Walking Dead episodes, and then I dunno, just kind of lost interest. Don't know why. Strange, as I tend to like anything Zombie for the most part, anything Sci-Fi (well except for Emo-Goth teen girl sparkly lip balm Vampire soap operas. (ye gods lol)

I don't even know what a "son of anarchy" is...:eek:

:LBS adjusts his bifocals: :rolleyes:

The Walking dead should have used a DR650 or KLR! No, A Honda Cub for the end of the world scenario. Can you kill a Honda Cub?

So here is the big question. If you were on the market for a middleweight cruiser would you go with the CTX or the Harley? I would go Harley here's why
u3ymenyp.jpg

It is very cool looking with the stripe.

Gigs

When you buy HD, you are buying a legend brand. Whether it works or not or how much mpg is secondary.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

A year or two ago I seem to remember reading a short item in one of the motorcycle magazines that Harley was looking into a deal with an Asian manufacturer, I think it was Hyosung, to manufacture inexpensive bikes. According to the article they needed a replacement for the Buell Blast for their new rider classes as well as a less expensive line of bikes to sell. I wonder if they actually did it and this is the result. I have no idea if this is the case, but if it is we are about to find out if a Harley badge on the tank is all that's needed to sell a bike in the USA. :)

Bob

The bikes built for the North American market will be built at the Kansas City Plant, but the bikes for the rest of the world will be built at the Harley plant in India.

Back