• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Harley Davidson Dual Sport Motorcycle

It's not the ugliest or worst idea ever but taking a 2-3 thousand dollar bike and putting $72,000 in it is beyond crazy.

Gigs

I can see the craftsmanship and the use of quality components from the pictures in their gallery photos, but I can't see $72,000 no matter how hard I look.

I don't really understand why anyone would want a Harley of any flavor, dual sport or otherwiswse. Other than image they offer nothing that others are not beter at, and with new Indians are loosing the image advantage to a bike with image AND quality.

I could buy three bikes for that amount of money. A sportbike, a tourering bike, and an offroad bike. And still have money left over.

I thought it was a joke at first. As others have stated $72K alone is absurd but to covert an older HD makes it even more inane if that's even possible. Even if it's a typo and they meant $7200 I could still buy a very capable and time tested adventure bike NEW for less than that (i.e. Kawi KLR 650). I guess for some people though logic does not play a role in their decision making process.

I could buy three bikes for that amount of money. A sportbike, a tourering bike, and an offroad bike. And still have money left over.

According to the MSRP prices on honda powersports, you could buy their most expensive bike in every street legal category (touring, adventure, cruiser, super sport, sport, and dual sport) for ~$88k.

Assuming you don't need a cruising Goldwing, and a touring Goldwind, and you'd settle for only a super sport instead of a super sport and a sport... then you could walk away with only ~$55k. (walking away with a goldwing, an NC, a CBR1000RR, and a XR650L)
Of course that is assuming you are buying the MOST expensive bike in each category for MSRP so in reality you'd probably spend a bit less (I'm sure most dealers would give you bulk purchase discount at that point) So $72k might just be able to get you the pair of gold wings and the VFR1200F.

OR you could visit porsche website and see what the are charging... I'm sure you can get something nice for $72,000.

Check out Ohio iron pony,they are now selling Indians,changing showroom just for their own spot.I like the sound of a Harley,but that is as far as my like goes to them.

Assuming the price is correct, i figure they are simply appealing to to the crowd of people that don't blink twice at 72k for a unique machine no one else is going to have. I used to valet in pebble beach, california. When the concorse de l'agance is in town half million dollar cars are a dime a dozen. That must be the crowd of people they are servicing.

I find it ironic that you would need to do a $72,000 mod to a Harley just so it can go off-road especially since technically a lot of them ride around on trailers, pick-ups or sit in the garage "off-road" already most of the time. :rolleyes:

You supply doner bike in addition to price.

I could easily be wrong and/or their wording could be goofy, but I read this as price includes the bike?

"Base price includes hand formed aluminum 6 gallon tank and donor bike"

Regardless though, 72K is some large coin lol :eek:

I thought maybe (if it's not a typo) some of that money could be accounted for by extensive use of carbon fibre, titanium, and custom hand made everything, etc., but looking at the specs and the dry weight (475 lbs with the 6.0 gallon tank empty, oof...) they sure use a lot of stock Harley stuff!

That's just ridiculous. They convert the cheapest bike in the line-up and ask for top dollar. I bet the MOCO hopes this goes well as they're targeting younger,hipper riders all over the world.

I am thinking - there are lots of Custom Harley collectors around the world, the bike is probably for them. I had seen a hubless Harley for $150K and it was not functional anymore. Carducci is probably catering these limited edition bikes (6 per year) to those people with their $72k price tag. Certainly not to people who look at it as just a Dual sport bike. I heard of a guy in Dubai/asia who had his custom Harley built in Temecula for $100k had it mounted/hung from the roof of his bedroom right over his bed. With all the riches he probably does not get sleep anyways, now he needs to account for that situation when the bike may get dislodged from the roof :) Crazy rich people do crazy shit.

Back