• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handlebar Muffs!

Devilsfan

Reaction score
Visit site
Rode the NC700 up to Eustis in mid-50's today (70 miles one way). For you Northerners you may think that's nothing, but when your blood thins here...it's somethin'!!!

Had my layers on and...these! ($20) on Amazon.

39675152441_10b87c5ffe_b.jpg

Sorry for the night picture. I rode up in windy conditions and temps in the low 50's. I used my normal, everyday riding gloves and threw my hands in these "Handlebar Muffs". Kept my hands fine all the way up.
On the way back I could feel it getting colder so I put on my winter riding gloves then stuck my hands in. TOTALLY WARM!!! To the point my hands were getting sweaty.

Overall impressions of the "Handlebar Muffs" - definitely worth the $20!!! They're supposed to be waterproof. They may be until the rain get's in through the holes. Either way, they can definitely help with a pair of gloves.
As for performance, since you can't physically see the buttons it was a little difficult trying to feel with gloves on for them, especially the turn signal. But once I got a mental picture where everything was...easy peasy!

I do plan to sew a set as I bought the fabric. Just wanted to see a pair close up and personal so $20 wasn't going to sting me.

Did You experience any aspect of them pressing back against the levers at speed, particularly the brake lever ? Or, is there a frame supplied to prevent this ?

I also use Muffs to good effect on my X but they are fitted on over the plastic handguards.

Not at all. I ride with my fingers over the brake lever regardless if the muffs are on or not. By way of my fingers being there I make sure the muffs are not pressing on the lever.

Whether handle bar muffs or any cold weather muff/glove the bigger the better. Big equals warm tight equals cold. Hands will be warm with a pocket of still air around them.
I have a pair of 3X mittens and cold weather gloves in the largest size available. A pair of large weave Asian style cotton gloves on first gives dexterity. Cold hands have no dexterity.

You wouldn’t happen to have a link for those mitts do you? How difficult were they to install? I assume they will fit over the OEM guards.

Thanks, Chuck

Go to Amazon and type in "Motorcycle Handlebar Muffs". There's many to choose from at different prices. Again, mine are on the cheap end but they work!

As for installing...there is none! Ya just slip them on, adjust to where the slit goes over the mirror stem, and fasten the velcro!

Back