• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handguard Mirrors?

Scorpuco

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just curious if anyone has tried out the HDB mirror/handguard setup for their NCs. I want to eventually get handguards to protect the bike in the event of a fall, but also want to replace the stupid OEM mirrors that come on the bike. So I figured I would try and kill two birds with one stone.

I found these and wondered if anyone had any success/fail stories for our specific bike. Are the mirrors good enough/legally allowed to replace the OEM ones? Below is a pic of them on a different bike.

Any thoughts and theories would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Flexxtogether.jpg

I would think they would be fine, legally. I don't think they would work as well to see behind you as the original mirrors, but if they work for you, then go for it. Being further out, they may give you a better field of view than the stock mirrors. They look interesting. Out of curiousity, what bike is that in the picture and which bars are those?

I like my oem mirrors on the nc700, and I have mine adjusted where my right one sees directly behind me, plus half of the right lane over (if I am in middle lane) and left one sees full left lane behind me.

I've not tried these but I think I would like them a lot. The problem with bar end mirrors is you need to turn your head too much to look at them. The problem with the stock mirrors is your view is partially obstructed by your arms/shoulders. Theses mirrors look like a compromise that could work well.

I've not tried these but I think I would like them a lot. The problem with bar end mirrors is you need to turn your head too much to look at them. The problem with the stock mirrors is your view is partially obstructed by your arms/shoulders. Theses mirrors look like a compromise that could work well.

Get mirror extenders for stock mirrors.

HDB is very popular for street legal dirt bikes here. The mirror extenders seem to be the most popular for our bike. Doubletake mirrors might be worth a try. Since they are assembled using Ram ball system they can be made very long and are infininately adjustable. They are unbreakable other than the reflector and are garanteed, free replacement. I would be curious to see if vibration would be and issue on our bikes. I guess I could take them off my DS bike and find out.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Part of my issue is that I want to replace the stock mirrors - they are too high and "antennae-like" for my liking, and mirror extensions are only going to exaggerate that. I do agree that these might be an over-compromise, but when I thought of the idea of handguard mirrors I was hoping for more options that what is already out there.

Next time I'm on the bike, I'll imagine I have mirrors on the grips and see if it is to much of a hassle to turn the head. Can't be much more different than when in a car (though the wind does make it tougher I guess). The Doubletake mirrors look interesting, but again seem too bug-like for me. I'm not sure round mirrors suit the bike either, but it appears that's really the only choice out there.

Ducati made these beasts for the Hypomotard, but at $500 EACH it's not an option.

P1010474.jpg

As mentioned, get mirror extenders. How much protection are you thinking that hands guards are going to provide the bike in the event of a fall ?

Back