• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest USA

dzknmd

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've been posting here so I better get busy and introduce myself. You can see from my profile what my previous rides have been and that I was away from two wheels for right at thirty years. I was raising a family and thought street bikes were too dangerous to consider.

I got back into it on a 125 cc scooter and it is an absolute ball and very useful too. I still have it.

I almost bought a Versys last year but after a test ride I didn't like it. I wanted something low revving and the NC is perfect. I'm so glad I waited.

Gas mileage is important to me. I think it's insane that so many motorcycles. barely crack 40 mpg.

I look forward to participating in this community. I have enjoyed memberships at forums dedicated to various automobiles I have owned. They are always a wealth of information and advice.

Hi I really envy you and the lightning you owned. I really wanted one but couldn't afford it in those days. I always prefered BSA to Triumph and in fact started my riding career on one albeit a humble C15. UK learner riders were limited to 250cc in those days
Enjoy the NC and the forum
now291.jpg

Last edited:
Hello dzknmd! Fuel mileage is also important to me and I agree that most bikes fuel mileage is pathetic. I have had cars that will beat a lot of bikes fuel mileage.
This is a great tool for the job. And that is to save me money on gas for long trips,short trips and commuting.
I can see the money I save will be lost on add-ons though! But I don't mind spending money for comfort and amenities.
Everyone needs to set up there bike for them you know!
One of these days I may do a greetings and tell my story, boring as that may be.

What a great picture. Those bikes has so much charisma.

Hi I really envy you and the lightning you owned. I really wanted one but couldn't afford it in those days. I always prefered BSA to Triumph and in fact started my riding career on one albeit a humble C15. UK learner riders were limited to 250cc in those days
Enjoy the NC and the forum
now291.jpg

Hello dzknmd! Fuel mileage is also important to me and I agree that most bikes fuel mileage is pathetic. I have had cars that will beat a lot of bikes fuel mileage.
This is a great tool for the job. And that is to save me money on gas for long trips,short trips and commuting.
I can see the money I save will be lost on add-ons though! But I don't mind spending money for comfort and amenities.
Everyone needs to set up there bike for them you know!
One of these days I may do a greetings and tell my story, boring as that may be.

I really don't do enough miles for it to matter though and the savings is overwhelmed by maintenance costs, tires, insurance etc. Even on my 125 cc Zuma the costs far outweigh the savings. It just makes me feel good to get outstanding gas mileage. I could be nutty about worse things.

Then there is the fun factor.:D

Well I've been posting here so I better get busy and introduce myself. You can see from my profile what my previous rides have been and that I was away from two wheels for right at thirty years. I was raising a family and thought street bikes were too dangerous to consider.

I got back into it on a 125 cc scooter and it is an absolute ball and very useful too. I still have it.

I almost bought a Versys last year but after a test ride I didn't like it. I wanted something low revving and the NC is perfect. I'm so glad I waited.

Gas mileage is important to me. I think it's insane that so many motorcycles. barely crack 40 mpg.

I look forward to participating in this community. I have enjoyed memberships at forums dedicated to various automobiles I have owned. They are always a wealth of information and advice.

Welcome!
I am sure you will like the NCX as you already described here.
~Joe

Back