• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from Germany

NCX-Tom

Reaction score
Visit site
16.jpg

Hallo, my name is Thomas. Please apologize my bad English. My bike is a 2015 NC 750 DCT with many modifications. So I threw away the parking brake, don´t need it, use a Givi Outbrake Trekker luggage-sytem, YSS fork-valve-system, Wilbers-shock, Fehling Enduro handlebar, SW-Motech handprotektion, center stand, fender extension rear and front, selfmade tankbag, special modified seat, Garmin 210.
I like this bike very much, had a few bikes before (about 60). Last year, I got a new hip and needed a lower bike (in place of my former BMW F 800 GS). This year, I was on the way in Portugal, Marokko, Spain and had very much fun. Only the suspension is low Budget and forced me to improve front and end. The result ist good but far away from the performance of my BMW. Next year, I will go to Albania.

See my journeys and bikes on: www.schotterfun.de - home

Greetings Thomas

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear your liking your motorcycle and putting miles on it, sounds like your having a good time

Welcome friend from Florida, USA.

How do you stop your DCT bike from rolling when left unattended and parked on an incline?

Last edited:
Welcome friend from Florida, USA.

How do you stop your DCT bike from rolling when left unattended and parked on an incline?

Hallo Dave,
I use a rubber band on the front brake lever. I used it several times on ferry boats.
Thomas

Hallo Dave,
I use a rubber band on the front brake lever. I used it several times on ferry boats.
Thomas
That is clever and gets rid of some weight and complexity. Sometimes I do use the parking brake when stopped to free up my hands or feet and have come to like having it. I was just curious.

Thomas,

Welcome!

What did you do to improve the front & rear suspension? I'm just curious because it took me a lot of time making mine fairly comfortable with aftermarket shock and cartridge emulators in the forks. It's about 85-90% correct for me now but not perfect.

Last edited:
Thomas,

Welcome!

What did you do to improve the front & rear suspension? I'm just curious because it took me a lot of time making my fairly comfortable with aftermarket shock and cartridge emulators in the forks. It's about 85-90% correct for me now but not perfect.

Hallo,

main problem (for me) is the high speed compression ratio, front and rear. Even my old MZ is more comfortable on bad roads. My solution after a few experiments: front: oil viscosity 10, stock (progressiv) spring, aircushion 10 cm, preload 14 mm (that´s the thickness of the YSS-valve), valve in position 0, needs 2 additional holes in the damper rod. Correct sag reffered to my weight of 92 Kilo (including gear). Rear shock: Wilbers 640, built reffered to my operation purpose. The 2016 Modell should be a bit better as far as suspension is concerned (fork, shock preload adjustable).

Thomas

Thomas,

We came to the same conclusions about excessive compression damping; especially with the rear shock. With the original shock, I found that reducing the spring preload helped only a little and making it softer yet only resulted in the shock bottoming too much. I bought a HyperPro shock (from Netherlands) and at first I thought the same about it as the original shock. I sent it back and asked they change the internal valving for "touring" and not "sport." I should have asked for the touring valving from the start but at least it is now much, much better. :)

I also drilled two (or four) additional holes in the fork damper rod and also reduced the spring tension on the low speed compression damping, plus changed to 5 weight fork oil. The fork is now about as good as it will be, at least in my opinion.

Hallo,

main problem (for me) is the high speed compression ratio, front and rear. Even my old MZ is more comfortable on bad roads. My solution after a few experiments: front: oil viscosity 10, stock (progressiv) spring, aircushion 10 cm, preload 14 mm (that´s the thickness of the YSS-valve), valve in position 0, needs 2 additional holes in the damper rod. Correct sag reffered to my weight of 92 Kilo (including gear). Rear shock: Wilbers 640, built reffered to my operation purpose. The 2016 Modell should be a bit better as far as suspension is concerned (fork, shock preload adjustable).

Thomas
For someone who apologised for his "bad English" in his first post you seem to have made enormous progress in 2 days. Ich wünsche ich könnte so gut auf Deutsch schreiben. Don't be so hard on yourself next time.

Back